Snarky Brides

WWAFSBD? Chain email from my financial advisor

I received an email titled 'FOX News Supporters' with the following info:If you haven't heard this, the White House is accusing Fox News of not being a legitimate source of news, calling them biased, etc.  They have tried to block Fox reporters from news conferences, etc., NPR has put a survey online for us to voice our opinion.  Currently it is 50% in favor of the White House, because mainly liberals log on to the NPR website.If Fox loses this poll you can bet Obama will mention it as support for his attack on Fox.Let's show them how we feel about honest conservative news reporting.To vote log onto:http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2009/10/in_white_house_vs_fox_news_war.htmlObviously, I voted (not the way the fa hoped for), but would you respond to the douchey email.
image Mabel the Loser.

Re: WWAFSBD? Chain email from my financial advisor

• Yeah, that's totally unprofessional.
  • Is there a supervisor you could contact?  If so, I'd let them know their employee is spamming clients with politically charged emails and that you'd like to be moved to a different advisor.  If not, honestly, I'd consider finding a new FA elsewhere.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I would totally respond.  And probably copy the branch manager or equivalent.  So unprofessional. I'm sure Tasty's mom would be able to help you with wordsmithing a masterpiece, if I remember correctly, she adeptly took down Ma.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • I agree. You need to contact someone above that person. Most companies have a policy against sending political messages within their circle so can't imagine they'd be thrilled it was going out in their name to clients.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'd go with something like, "Bless your heart. I'm sure you didn't mean to send this to clients.  I just wanted to let you know you chose the wrong email list in case others aren't as understanding of these things." and see what he says.
  • Fallin, I love your always appropriate use of "Bless Your Heart".
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • I agree.  I would respond, try to CC a superior, and seek an explanation of why the FA sent a politically-charged email that has nothing to do with financial advice.
  • I really wouldn't contact a superior without giving the dude a chance to explain.  Maybe he really did mistakenly send it to you.  It's unprofessional and I'd call him on it, but it isn't so patently offensive that I'd want to get him in trouble for it.  Unless it happened again, they all bets are off.
  • The tough part is that this guy was my dad's FA (and close friend) for 30 yrs.  I've continued to use him out of allegiance to my dad.  He did send it from his work email...not smart.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Some people only have work emails  Crazy, but true.
  • Oh, I know it Fallin.  It's just that I could make a case for it being marginally less inappropriate if it were sent from his gmail account rather than the one that belongs to the bank where he works.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Hmm, the fact he's kind of a family friend sort of muddies the waters a bit.  Maybe you could just respond with, "Thanks for the heads up!  Hopefully my vote can keep the support of Obama's decision in the lead!" and he'll be less likely to forward you that sort of junk.
  • Has he ever used this email address to send you other messages that didn't pertain to financial planning?
  • No, he's only ever sent me financial related news.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • As a side note, I have to say that, while I hate Fox News, I think Obama is being a whiny baby on this and needs to suck it up.
  • Yeah, Obama's being a whiny baby.  I was just initially outraged that I would be getting this from a person with whom I have no social contact whatsoever.  I sent an email back to him (pretty much what you said) and he responded saying that he's not advocating either side, and neither is the bank, of course.  Vote how you wish.  The phrasing of the email suggests otherwise, but w/e.  I hate Fox News with a passion and hate that they can call themselves 'honest conservative news reporting'.  That's pretty far from the truth.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • His response makes me stabby.
  • I sent an email back to him (pretty much what you said) and he responded saying that he's not advocating either side, and neither is the bank, of course. Yeah, I'd have to call him on that BS. I do not like lying liars who lie.
  • With a response like that, he could probably get a job at Fox News.
  • yeah, I think his response is douchey and also doesn't address that this has nothing to do with financial planning.
  • I sent another email back to him telling him the phrasing of the original email did not come across as impartial.  He sent back one word to me:  Agree
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • He must have sent this to a lot of people because the poll is now 71% in favor of FOX.
  • You realize you pay this person, right?  You can say just about anything to him and he still has to be nice to you.  I would be having a heyday with this one.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Fenton, I understand that.  I think that I would be more willing to do that if he weren't my dad's long-time friend.  I've always thought he was kind of douchey but he was good to my dad.Even now, he's more my mom's FA than mine (I am involved in decision-making bc my mom is very uncomfortable with making financial decisions on her own).I have another FA with another institution for my meager personal finances and I would be firing him in a hot second if he sent this sort of stuff to me.
    image Mabel the Loser.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards