Pennsylvania

New to the NEPA forum

Just wanted to say hello to all the NEPA brides to be. I'm currently planning my wedding from Long Island and will be looking at my first wedding venue (Nichols Village) this upcoming Saturday. I'm also visiting several other places in the next few months:

- Ramada in Clarks Summit
- Ramada in Wilkes Barre
- Stroudsmoore Country Inn
- The Woodlands
- Hilton in Scranton
- Gennetis in Wilkes Barre

Also through lurking on this forum I saw someone mentioning the Waterfront Banquet Facility.

Have any of you girl had any experiences with these places? Please let me know the good, the bad and the ugly!!

Thanks so much :)

Re: New to the NEPA forum

• nic9911nic9911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stroudsmoore county inn is amazing
    so is the raddison in scranton. it was a historical train station. HTH.
    Hilton in Scranton, I have never been for a wedding but had our college formal there. it was typical hotel style event.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much Nic! I appreciate your input.
  • DaisiedollDaisiedoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would advise against Genetti's. A friend worked there as a banquet server and it's filthy in the back. I picked her up a few times and have been in the back as well; yuck. They don't have the best practices and I wouldn't ever eat there again. (high school prom was there). Also, I know that they do not have a standing agreement with an exterminator. All food venues should have a yearly exterminator contract, where they get monthly service at least. This place only calls them when the bugs and rats get out of hand. And that's straight from my exterminator's mouth. I hear the Stroudsmoor is pretty, but there WILL be other weddings held at the same time and they don't work well with you if you want to change things. They have a set way they prefer to do everything...timing, food, etc. The Woodlands is ok. Again, you have to use one of their two times for ceremony and cocktail hour as they may have two on the same day. There's only one nice ballroom (with huge picture windows of stream outside) and you must meet a large minimum to get it. Also, don't use them for extras. They are overpriced. And their hotel rooms are gross. As soon as you walk into the hotel section it smells musty. They redid a few rooms but most are still yucky. Radisson in Scranton is nice. Great food. Again, best if you have a larger guest list so you get the better ballroom. Don't know how flexible they are. Haven't stayed there but I think the rooms are ok. Check trip advisor for info on room quality. Don't know about the quality of the Radisson in Wilkes-Barre. It's super close to Genetti's so schedule those on the same day/time. I don't read a lot about weddings here. Not sure why. No idea about the Hilton in Scranton. The Waterfront is average but not in a bad way. Still fairly new and I haven't heard any serious complaints about them. They have a terrace in back with a view of the Susquehanna River, supposedly nice for ceremony and/or cocktail hour. I believe fireworks over the river can be arranged easily here. Only thing of note is that it is in an office building, in a small business park with two 4 story office buildings(new) and a McDonald's. If that doesn't bother you, than do check them out. Schedule on the same day as Genetti's and Ramada W-B; Waterfront is a few minutes down River St. Good luck on your search! Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • nic9911nic9911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP, stroudsmoore does do up to 4 weddings at one time. There venue has all separate buildings for each location. I would still recommend them as they have been in the wedding business long enough, they know how to handle such a task. this was actually our first choice but we went somewhere else, bc they did not seem flexible.

that being said, skytop lodge in the Poconos is considered NEPA and is nothing short of amazing as well. They are super flexible and very accommodating. GL with planning.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards