Wedding Woes

any HR types?

I need resume help. I'm applying for jobs in a different industry than the one I used to work in. I don't love the idea of starting as an assistant again, so I'm applying for some jobs that require 3-5 years industry experience.To be clear, I'm qualified for these jobs, the industries are similar, and I do have some rudimentary related experience in the industry I'm applying for. I'm just having trouble articulating my qualifications without looking like I'm grasping at straws.

Re: any HR types?

• Sorry, I'm no help.  But if you ever need help grasping those straws, I have award winning grip strength.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I bet they will be able to see that the experience is related.  Use your cover letter to explain why you want to change industries and what you hope to accomplish in your new field.  FWIW, I'm in operations and the last company I worked for made commercial signage.  When I moved here, I applied for all kinds of jobs and ended up at an asset management firm.
  • I can help, but it would be easier if I could see the resume. Do you mind sending it to me? FB or whatever is fine, and personal details (address, etc.) can be omited. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards