Michigan-Detroit

AW: Pro Pics are in! PIP

FINALLY. If we're Facebook friends, you've seen the mini selection of these (with decreased image quality), but here is the link to my photogs site so you can see them in full quality. Sorry they're protected - if you're interested in any particular image for your records, I'll be happy to email it to you! wmujrny81 at msn dot com. I have to say (which will be reiterated in my vendor reviews whenever I get to them), that while the images are beautiful and everyone looks great, I am not overly wowed. I don't necessarily fault my photographer for that, but the analogy I've been using is that ANYONE could have taken these pictures if they had a $5,000 camera. Or maybe I'm just being critical. At any rate, enjoy Knotties! [url]http://tinyurl.com/yzyma97[/url] [img]http://tinyurl.com/y86stee[/img]

Re: AW: Pro Pics are in! PIP

• edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! You look stunning! I love your Red Wings garter! And, I love the pic of him trying to find it! Ha!
  • edited December 2011
    While I've never used a 5K camera, I assure you even if I had one if I took your pics you wouldn't be happy.I'm sorry you aren't wowed, but they are very pretty. I looked first and before I commented I read your post and looked again, the one thing that caught my eye was there seemed to be more 'posed' pics than we see on here a lot. Perhaps his style was more towards posed pictures?Everything looked gorgeous and you guys looked like you were having a blast and so happy. Perhaps they won't win any art awards, but they are beautiful pictures.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I was duped personally - the work we viewed didn't feel like that and I know there have to be SOME posed pics (formals at church, etc.), but I agree. Too much pose, not enough just going with the flow. That's probably why my favorite pictures are the ones of the girls getting ready and the ones of us in the park. But it makes me a little sad that my favorite pictures from the wedding are not the ones my photographer took. Grade is incomplete. We look awesome though and even the worst camera in the world couldn't change that. But shame on me for not doing more research.
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures and gorgeous wedding!!! I absolutely love your wedding band! I have the exact same engagement ring (at least it looks like it) and that is the exact wedding band I've had in mind but haven't seen them together before. I love it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was so excited to look at your pics I didn't finish reading the end of your post! (I'm home sick today and catching up on the boards!) Sorry, you weren't wowed. But while looking at them, I laughed and smiled and felt happy for you two! They don't look digitally enhanced, but they captured the happiness! I wonder if you could have them digitally enhanced if that's what you're looking for? You could always look into it...
  • katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at your photos on FB and I thought they looked beautiful.  It looks like you had a great time at the wedding and I love that you had some serious dancers at the wedding!  haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you aren't wowed by them, especially since it's not what you saw when you met with him.  I still think they are nice and that you'll have a lot of good ones to print/put in an album.  I can follow a lot of the emotions of the day through your pics, and you guys looked gorgeous!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! I love the shots of you closer with the girls in the background. Everything looked perfect!
  • edited December 2011
    That stinks that you're not thrilled with them but sadly, I agree. You guys all look great but I like your analogy. There isn't really a good range of different types of lighting or angles, everything seems really bright and there are a ton of posed pics. There are still some good ones in there though so don;t worry!
  • l&bbabyl&bbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see what you are saying but I really think there are some great photos in there and I agree with pp's that your happiness shines through in them. Everything looked great and you looked gorgeous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I see what you mean. Everyone looks great, but the pics are just missing that WOW factor. I hate that you didn't get pics that you absolutely love. But at least you did get photos so you can look back and remember the day. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that you're not happier with your pics.  But there are some gems in there and some that really show what a great time everyone had.  I think you'll be able to pull out some great ones.  I think someone else mentioned it but maybe you can get some more good ones with different treatments or cropping.    Also, FPCP does look beautiful - you do have some beautiful pics on their grounds.  And the bridal room looks awesome.  I wasn't really thinking of getting ready at the church but who knows....maybe we will.  It looks like you even had your hair and make-up folks come there.  Pretty cool.  You looked great! 
  • edited December 2011
    I think he captured a nice variety. I know what you are saying though, you want the ones that just rock :) I do have to tell you I like that you were listening to NKOTB while getting ready and it looked like you had good ranch dressing at the dinner. ha. In all seriousness, you looked beautiful!
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am totally tearing up right now! We have the saem venues and I can just picture us in the church with all of our loved ones! I am so happpy for you ... and so excited for myself!!!Question.. Where did you take those photos before the reception with the great arcitecture?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand what you're saying, but there really are some great photos in there.  You looked amazing and you can really tell how happy you were throughout the day.  I'm sorry you're not impressed with the pictures.  I'm sure that's a great let-down. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • jessimaphonejessimaphone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the nice comments, everyone :) After a day or so to reflect, I've accepted that they are what they are, and am glad that we do have a handful of gems as PP said. That's really all we need anyway. kristin - I would definitely get ready at the church. You've got three hours to use the place, and it was SO convenient. we all brought our dresses there and it was nice to just sit and relax. FI and his family did their pics beforehand and got them all out of the way while we listened to music and chattered. We actually had our hair done at a salon in Plymouth, but some of my girls wanted minor fixes so one of my BMs helped with that :) Hiper - our pics in between were taken at the Law Quad at U of M. Gorgeous location for photos - if I'd have had a photog like Amanda Williams, the pictures would have looked like they were from a magazine photo shoot or something.
  • edited December 2011
    You know, I think it's worth a call to Amanda Williams or another photographer you admire and ask if it's possible to digitally enhance and how much it would be. Maybe they could do a handful of your favs? Or they could put together the wedding book or something? It could be an early Christmas present to yourself... just a thought! Though you do have some gems in there!
  • imilenkoimilenko member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am sorry to hear about your experience with the photographer. I must say I had the exact same reaction as you did. We used the same photographer for our wedding last year and I expected a lot more than what I got. There was no creativity in the photos. The quality was great, but nothing that catch your eye. I have seen some of the wedding pics everyone else posts on here and some of them are amazing. Just like you did I have made peace with the wedding pictures. There is nothing much you can do. In the end you will have a few of them framed and you will forget about the rest of the. It still sucks I know, I was totally bummed for months, my husband thought the pictures had turned out great and that I was crazy complaining about them. When we met with the photographer he showed us a lot more photojournalistic pics and in the end we ended up with a lot of posed pictures. It also took him forever to get the pictures to us after the wedding and he only took about 400 or so pictures. Most people end up with 700, 800+ pictures. I felt like he missed some moments and I did notice that throughout the day he was just waiting around. I wanted to tell him to just point and shoot, that is why we are paying him and he was not that cheap to begin with. Ugh, very frustrating, I am starting to get worked up again. If you want to see I can send you the link to our pictures. email me at irenamilenkova at gmail dot com But as all the girls said your wedding looked beautiful. It looks like everything turned out great and you married the love of your life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards