New Mexico

Music

Thanks for all the offers to help from my intro post below, I'm taking you girlsup on it and looking for some advice. We're having a 2pm ceremony, which makes for an early dinner - 4:30 pm.  My question is, do you folks usually have the dj play through the cocktail hour and dinner?  Any other ideas or suggestions?  Also, we're thinking of going with Too Hott Too Stop DJ, anyone have experience with them? Thanks!

Re: Music

• edited December 2011
    I'm having a 2 p.m. ceremony and an early dinner too. I'm so glad because due to my schedule at work, I'm used to eating super early. I might as well be a senior citizen. =) We're using A Lil' Mo Music for the DJ and they're going to play through the cocktail hour and dinner. During our meeting yesterday, they said that they would play artists like Michael Buble and Nina Simone for that specific time period and then go into more danceable tunes once people were done eating. I don't know anything about Too Hot to Stop, sorry I can't be of any help. A Lil' Mo Music has worked well for me so far. They offered an awesome discount because of our venue (the Mountain View Club) and have been very professional. You might want to check them out but I'll post all of my vendor reviews in a few weeks.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having acoustic guitar for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Our DJ will start playing at the start of dinner. I haven't heard anything about Too Hott Too Sto DJ though, but I'll ask around.
  • tarcyrtarcyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many years ago my ex-husband had a Christmas party and used them - from what I remember they were pretty good -- I wrote their name down in contact list, but I have just never had the opportunity to use them again. We are doing our own music for our wedding next weekend.
  • edited December 2011
    Since mine is winter wonderland I was going to have a barbershop quartet sing holiday songs during cocktail hour, but not sure if they have competitions or not? Also we may have mariachis, not sure yet. If either of those don't work out, we'll have DJ play. Sorry no info bout' your DJ though...   :(
  • kristintianakristintiana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a DJ from ceremony to the end of the night so he played during our cocktail hour. But we ended up downloading our favorite songs by the Vitamin String Quartet through iTunes and giving that to him to play for cocktail hour. They play modern songs in a string version and we've always liked them. We used some of their songs in our ceremony instead of the traditional string music.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not using Too Hott Too Stop DJ, I'm using complete music. But I've heard very good things about them. My friend used them, and she said they were great and at a good price too. I went with complete music b/c I've heard even better things about them. They are also a very large company, lots of experience and they offered me a great price!I'm not having a cocktail hour, but for the dinner, since my fiance is Native American, we are going to have a nice native american flute playing.Its like $300 an hour for an actual guy to come and play so we decided to just give the DJ a CD and have it played during dinner. Its very soothing and relaxing. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We too are using Complete Music.  What are you paying them if you don't mind my asking?
  • edited December 2011
    Not at all! I'm paying $743.00. I put the deposit of $100.00 already so I have to pay the rest ($643.00), the day of or before. I'm using them from 6 to 12 and each additional hour is $125.00
  • edited December 2011
    We used Dream Factory Productions... I do not recommend them.  They told me they would show up a couple hours before the ceremony, but were LATE!  On top of that, they played our last song at least 3 times during the wedding. Not happy at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards