Snarky Brides

Confessions

Re: Confessions

• Yeah, Tara is a troubled teen, really.  Knocked up by and married to a man her father's age (or more?) at 19.  Passing the advice and counseling out like Halloween Candy.  WITH Halloween candy.
  • Mike had to work today and I did this AM so Maggie went to my in-laws. We have a happy hour thing at 5 so there was no sense in me picking her up after work and driving back and forth (hour roundtrip) to their house just to drop her back off this afternoon, so she's there for the day. I fully intended to clean and take advantage of this child free time, but I may take a nap instead.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • aww, Audrey, sounds like you are having a bit of a rough time.  I'm sorry. : (
  • I was bad sick last week, but am fine now except for a lingering cough. I went to the doc to get it checked out and she's confident its not a secondary infection, so I'll just ride it out with a prescription cough med she gave me. I can deal with all that... what I can't deal with is the strained muscle I gave myself from all the coughing. I'm in so much pain and before the doc told me it was probably just a strained muscle, thought I had bruised/cracked a rib. Last night I was in agony... as in, crying from the pain and if it had gotten any worse, was going to make Trav take me to the hospital. Unfortunately there isn't really anything she can do for it (I can ice it and take tylenol)... but she's hoping the cough meds will work well so that I can at least give the muscle a break and start to heal.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Meegs, I feel for you. I did the same thing when I was sick and pregnant with Maggie. It was horrible. Plus I fell down the steps that same week and bruised my tailbone. Hope you feel better ASAP.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I'm sorry about your husband's comment, Vicki.  I hope everything's good now.I don't have a regular doctor, just the gyno.  It's all sweetness and light here today :)  Especially since my breakfast consisted of mainly m&ms.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Heather, I have no experience there, but good luck with the clomid.  I hope it works for you, and I hope the side effects aren't too bad.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Vicki--I totally agree with Tasty. Good luck to you, I miss you!And good luck Heather!
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Audrey, it seems to me that when kids push us to the breaking point, they tend to give us some good days as payback. It's like they can sense that we can't take any more.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Thanks, Lindsay and Bethie. I've heard some people have nasty side effects (headaches, wicked hot flashes, insomnia, vision problems), and then others say it's no big deal. Hopefully it's no big deal. I just want my body to work like it's supposed to.
  • This belongs in Butt Confession Thursday, but whatevs. This entire post is going to be disgusting, so avert your eyes if you don't want to know.I have been so constipated, the midwife told me to stop taking prenatals. That was 2 weeks ago. Didn't work. I just pooped for the first time in 5 days and YEOWCH.Last night I had a craving for rainbow sherbet. Dan brought me some. I ate a large bowl and then promptly puked rainbow sherbet. It looked pretty much the same coming out only melted.I'm still sooooo excited to have a kiddo, but the whole process of pregnancy can eat a bag of diccks and die in a fire.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Vicki - I feel you on that. I've known from early on that Dennis is insecure. Very insecure. I don't think he ever thought he was good enough for me. And as I started slowly gaining weight he was almost too fine with it. I mean, not that it's necessarily bad, but I'd be all "Ugh. I need to lose weight. These pants don't fit." And his response was "No way. You're prefect." It's both sweet and annoying. And when I was getting up at 5 to go to the gym he just told me I was crazy. But you know what, it's on me, not him. If I want to make bad choices or good choices, I can't use him as my excuse. I do that sometimes, and I know it's lame. Let me know what you decide with the surgery. I don't think I could ever do it. Too scary. But I'm interested to hear about your experiences. Oh - and I could never give up driving. I love my car. I love driving.
  • I just pooped for the first time in 5 days This is pretty normal for me, so I may not poop the whole time I'm pg.
  • I'm with Fallin. Five days is nothing for me. When my H and I went on vacation in June, we were gone for 10 days and I seriously did not poop the entire trip. THAT got uncomfortable.
  • I know it's silly but that is one of the things I miss about the exH -- we could talk about our poops and the quality of them. 
  • Well, it's not so much the 5 days that's bothersome, it's the part where it causes my poor butthole serious issues on the way out.
  • Wow. I've never not pooped for multiple days. I'm a great pooper! I went back to Big Lots today for more DVDs. I got 4 as gifts, 1 for my husband, and 3 more for me. They were all $3, except for 1. Twilight was $6! Oh the shame.
  • The times I've gone a number of days without pooping (I usually don't poop on the weekends for some strange reason, but I'm a multiple times a day pooper during the week), when I finally do it's like pooping out a Coke can.  Yowcha.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • This is pretty normal for me, so I may not poop the whole time I'm pg. Pregnancy made me way more regular.  True story.
  • PG- sorry babycorn is being so rough on you.  Maybe things will settle down for you soonI've been "trying" to lose the same 20 lbs. since before our wedding.  Instead all I've succeeded in doing is gaining 15 more in the span of 3 months after the fact (but hit a plateau and haven't gained more since then).  I use the term trying very loosely here since I haven't really done much that would allow me to accomplish that goal.  And J is also one of those husbands who doesn't mind my extra weight.  He told me when we first were seriously dating that I was the smallest girl he'd ever dated and that if I'd gain 20-25 pounds he'd probably like me even more than he already did.  I've always thought that's the weirdest thing I've ever heard, but glad to know he's maybe not the only freak of nature who feels that way
  • Oh Vinny. What a cute pictures. We have such darling newish people.
  • Bloomie, I would miss that too. If 5 days passed and I didn't poop, I would die. Quitting smoking already messed up my whole routine, and it is finally going back to normal. PG, I can't imagine I would enjoy pregnancy either. Except that it would be the one time I would be able to fully let my belly free and be ok with it.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • PG, hopefully the constipation phase won't last too long for you. It is one of the rougher things, at least i think so because i feel like not being able to poop is an affront to human decency. i had a stretch where i resorted to eating gross metameucil horespills like they were disgusting flavorless candy, and [eventually] that helped.
  • Love the new pic, Vinny!PDX, I had super pooper troubles when I first started prenatals. Sucked. Are you eating gobs of fiber?
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Thanks guys.And thanks Katie, good to see ya. I've been hoping that eating all the apples, carrots, and whole wheat peanut butter toast I can stomach would help the situation, but it hasn't yet. Perhaps I will get on the Metamucil train.
  • Kashi Go Lean makes me squirt my brains out. Try some high fiber cereal. Also maybe apple juice rather than apples. Some people find apples binding.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • I've been eating tons of prunes lately.  They work, and not just for old people.  Who knew
  • the pills are horrible, and (warning-this is way gross) i've had a few times that one of them will sneak back up my esophagus to empty its gritty gritty contents into the back of my throat, but one upside to them is that they are fortified with calcium as well.you will be laying lengths of heavy duty coil in no time.
  • I have no idea if this matters, but I used the prenatals from Target.  I had a hard time choking down the ones that the docs prescribed.  Like I said, never had a problem in...that area.
  • I had major problems with my prenatals until I switched to Prenate DHA...no major issues. Also PG2, I've never used it, but I've had friends who swore by Colace while pregnant.
    image Mabel the Loser.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards