Not Engaged Yet

About to propose...Opinions?(sorry a bit long...)

So... I have been with my girlfriend for about 9 months.  I knew she was the one after about 9 minutes... and I'm paying off the ring right now.  (As of tomorrow i have 200$ left to pay on it!!!) and am going to propose on december 11.  I want the opinions of the girls if this is a good idea... She thinks that we're going to be celebrating her birthday that day.  She's in a sorority and she wants all her sisters to be able to celebrate her birthday before they all leave for christmas break.  So the 11th is the last day of finals, everyone will still be in town! The plan: After I take my final, i'll come up to my job and get my pay check, then call her and tell her that her birthday celebration starts here, and to meet me at work.  Then I'll leave for the bank and deposit my money and leave behind a disposable camera and a note telling her to go across the street to the day spa to get her hair trimmed and straightened as well as a mani/pedi.  Then, they'll give her another note that tells her to go to the movie theatre down the road.  The same place where we saw our first movie, "I love you man," together.  She'll get a gift (I love you man on DVD) and another clue to meet me at her work.  She'll go there and they'll give her ANOTHER gift (A book she really wants) and a clue telling her she just missed me and that i'm where we had our first date.  When she gets to the resteraunt there will be another small gift (haven't decided what this will be), and the final clue saying i already ate i was so hungry i couldn't wait for her there... to meet me at the sorority house... At the house will be all her sisters and some of my fraternity brothers, NONE of whom are in on my secret, and think its just a surprise party.  She'll come in adn i'll give her the last gift, a bear from Build-a-bear named "William AiryMe." dressed in a tuxedo.  When she reads the name i'll get on one knee in front of everyone and propose.  Then its to the resteraunt we made reservations for the entire party (like 20 people) to go celebrate her birthday and our engagement.   OOOOOH yeah, forgot about the camera... The camera has already been used by me taking picutres of me with all of the people she'll interact with, and then she'll ALSO take pictures of the same people only a few hours later.  She loves to scrapbook so giving her material to scrapbook with seems appropriate...especially for a day as big as this.  So what do you guys and girls think?  good idea?  too elaborate?  Will she see it coming?

Re: About to propose...Opinions?(sorry a bit long...)

• edited December 2011
    I dont think she'll see the ring coming but the "surprise party" yes and i would cut out a place or two.. just because thats alot of driving unless you live in a little town.. and it is cute but with that much driving it could go two ways.. one she'll be really excited or kinda get annoyed from all of it.. But i also dont know her or you.. To me i wouldnt want to drive all over but Cute idea!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea but I agree with Amber - take out a stop or two or she might get a little annoyed driving all around town
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It sounds really cute but I would probably cut out at least one of those stops lest you exhaust the poor girl.  Also can you trust people at the movies to know who she is and give her a gift?  Anyway it sounds fun, good luck.  I also wouldn't say you already ate without her in the note because, hello, mean.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the words :)  She LOVES scavenger hunts so she's not gonna be annoyed.  Also, everything is in pretty close proximity to everything else.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Good catch nqb - I must have read over that part. I'd definitely go for some different wording there but I'm at a loss right now for something better
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Well if she loves scavenger hunts then it can work.  I haven't been on one since I was much younger.  Just plan on it taking a long time.  Hair appointments can run late and you know she's going to be calling her friends during this whole endeavor.  Also I agree with your idea of NOT telling any of your friends the plan lest they spoil the surprise.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    About the "already ate" comment:  Its all in humor, but i see your point.  The clues haven't been written yet.  I'll probably come up with another way to say "oh you just missed me" like she's chasing me around the town.
  • edited December 2011
    I think there was a chick on here who had a scavenger hunt proposal too.  Let me see if I can find the post....

My Blog

• pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea! Your soon to be Fiancee is very lucky!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While that proposal will be a lot of work (for you in setting up and for her in finding the clues), I think it's absolutely adorable. I know I'd be charmed as hell by a proposal like that. :) Best of luck to you!!! Be sure to post and let us know how it went!!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds great for her, since she loves scavenger hunts. Personally though, I'm a really clingy person and would rather spend that day with my boyfriend, rather than running around alone. But again, I'm just clingy like that. :)
  • nannewmurnannewmur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have put a lot of thought into this!  After finals, she is probably going to be tired and ready to chill.  Mani/ped/hair is a great idea, but will be time consuming and she probably be a little tired and possibly stressed.  I would def cut out probably two places since you will be going to celebrate her birthday.  One thing that I would like to ask is she going to like having such a public proposal?
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been proposed to yet....but I LOVE this! If you know your girl and she wont be to tired after finals then all the stops would be awesome, especially since everything is fairly close. I love to scrapbook and the camera is an excellent idea!Good luck with everything and can't wait to hear how everything turns out.
  • edited December 2011
    her last final is on tuesday, so she's done LONG before friday, so there isn't going to be that fatigue issue there.  As for the public proposal, she is just that kind of person.  She had told me that a public proposal was better than a private one.  Thanks for all the support.  I think this is going to be good... just came into some money and actually have the ring now rather than 2 weeks from now.  This is getting nerve racking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards