Snarky Brides
Options

Anyone still here?

I have another hour and a half. I just rode in the elevator with someone that smelled exactly like an old canvas tent smells when you unroll it for the first time after you didn't really clean it very well after your last camping trip. How would one even acquire that smell?

Re: Anyone still here?

• Options
    Ick.  I've encountered that before.  I have no idea how one creates that aroma.
  • Options
    Perhaps they've been storing the clothes they wore that day in a musty bag?
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    ::JAZZ HISS:: I'm here. I suspect they left their clothes in the wash too long after washing (approximately 4 days) and then tried drying and wearing them without washing again first. I know someone who maybe did that once and her husband said she smelled bad. Or maybe I just heard it somewhereyouknowwhatnevermind.
  • Options
    I stopped at home before heading to H's work, so I'm here.  I made a small pot of coffee.  :::sips out of her Milhouse mug:::that sounds gross but it's not as bad as when people smell like vinegar.  and I would guess their clothes got wet and dried really slowly and smell musky and dank?  a small pile of laundry I had folded and left in our humid basement smelled so musty I rewashed them.  I might describe them as "moldy tarp smell."
  • Options
    Bearsuitlady, you make me laugh. I can't wait to see you in a week.
  • Options
    Stupid musty canvas smelling man made me have a craving for toasted marshmallows. I suspect we never really cleaned our tent very well after camping when I was little.

• Options
    Me too Tasty. I do a little mental jig everytime I think of it.
  • Options
    FYI: your discussion of meeting up with each other is not entertaining to me.

• Options
    Noisy, let's talk about what we're going to do when we meet up in January.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Options
    I am here, Googling to try to find out how to make the dog stop fearing the back yard.I don't camp, so I don't know what old tent smells like, but I imagine it smells like basement.
  • Options
    I've been trying to get Will to say Sookie. So far he will only acknowledge that she is a puppy.

• Options
    Noisy, just concentrate on 'corn' then.  he'll have puppycorn in no time!
  • Options
    No, no. Let's discuss when everyone is coming to Chicago.
  • Options
    that works for me too, Fallin.  We could discuss how yummy PFChangs will be once we have a weekend free to have it together.
  • Options
    Yes, maybe in December?  November is crazy.  Why, I ask?  I never have 4 busy weekends in a row. Ever.
  • Options
    December works for me! 
  • Options
    I'm busy every weekend in December. Boo.

• Options
    I would go anywhere for PF Chang's. A chance to meet Fallin and to see Tasty again, would be wonderful, but alas I cannot travel for a while.
  • Options
    Noisy, you need to sign up for a holiday craft fair in Chicago.  problem = solved.
  • Options
    Who wants to come meet me?  Anyone?  Anyone?  ::crickets:: 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    I would prefer everyone discussing coming to texas. It would be great people watching, admit it.
  • Options
    Chicago in December sounds like a special kind of hell for me. I think NC's winters are too cold.
  • Options
    Cal, I do want to come see you sometime in the near(ish) future.  I know I'm seeing you next week but I also would like to be in Portland again.  I really do love it there.
  • Options
    I want to see Cali again more than anything! And also Tasty. ::sniffle::

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Options
    I would love to do a West Coast jaunt.  I have never been to Oregon, SF, or SD.  But Cali, you now have family here..you can come visit me. Please bring Maggie we have a nice big backyard for her.
  • Options
    It's a plan, Tasty. There should really be a Chicago GTG in the spring.  Chicago in the spring is glorious.
  • Options
    Cali, we still really want to do our Seattle/Portland trip. Maybe March. I promised Tim we could go to Reo's. And I NEED to go to that donut place.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • Options
    Cali, you are included in the meeting PG thing. Early January (or late December). Duh.

• Options
    OMG I was watching something on the travel channel about donuts last week and they had that donut place and it looked DELICIOUS. I want one right now.Instead I will console myself with my grocery store apple cider donut. Mmmm.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Options
    WHAT NO
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards