Wedding Reception Forum

Grandpa/Granddaughter Dance?

Hey everybody! SO, my dad passed away in 2007, so my grandpa will be walking me down the aisle. Although I would love to just completely blow off any thoughts of a father/daughter dance, I know it would be the world to my grandpa for us to have a dance. With that being said, any suggestions for a song? I checked this whole board and didn't see this same question anywhere. PS. I don't want to dance to Butterfly Kisses
Vacation

Re: Grandpa/Granddaughter Dance?

• I think it would be very sweet for your Grandpa to walk you down the aisle and have a special dance with you. I am assuming that he's prbably at least in his sixties, so I would pick a song he'd be more familiar/comfortable with. "Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good old days" by the Judds "Wind beneath my wings" Bette MIdler "Forever Young" Rod Stewart Some oldies: "My Girl" The Temptations "Stand by Me" Ben E. King "Days like these" by Van Morrison If you like golden oldies try some of the standards and classics: "It's a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong "Stardust" "The way you look tonight" "Someone to watch over me" "Here comes heaven again" "That's Amore" Dean Martin "Unforgettable" Nat King Cole
  • Did you ask him? In passing my Grandpa said he couldn't wait for a dance with me at the wedding so I asked what song he liked to dance to. He didn't even remember telling me and was so surprised when it came on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought about the Tell me bout the Good Ole Days song, that will probably be it! I sort of want it to be a surprise, I wonder if my grandma would know one that he would like... hhmm... thank you ladies!  
    Vacation
  • I am dancing with my grandfather since we are so close. He has Parkinson's disease and is self conscious about dancing in front of people so we are inviting people to join after we start. We are dancing to Earth Angel by the Penguins. It is the song he plays for me on his jukebox everytime I go to his house.
  • My father and I are not close (he asked to just be a guest at my wedding and not be involved in the processional, etc), and my grandfather will be walking me down the aisle. We chose to dance to Louis Armstrong, what a wonderful world. Its of his era, as well as a beautiful song to dance to...
  • I thought about Earth Angel too!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards