Florida-South Florida

Mini-rant

How the heck do people invite themselves to your wedding?WTF?I got two people that invited themselves and I can't say no.  !!!

Re: Mini-rant

• tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SAY NOOOOOOO! :) I would!
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
  • PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    eeeeek! I'm dreading this part. Did they point blank ask you whether they were invited? You can always pull out the ole "we're on a budget and trying to keep it small" or "our venue only has space for a certain number of people"
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • edited December 2011
    I wish.  FI can't even work up the courage to say no--he's leaving it to me!.  They're related to his two best friends. 
  • edited December 2011
    They samed thing happened to me this week. I said, "Hey, I'm sorry, I can't add anymore to my list, the venue is at full capacity, I know you will understand it's only for CLOSE family and friends. Very intimeate ceremony"
  • edited December 2011
    The first person invited themselves when FI's BF sent back the RSVP, left the number as 1 (I wrote in 1) and  wrote: myself and probably my mom.  ?!The second  person expressed her desire to come.  FI's BF's cousin (who is also a BF) told FI that his mother wants to attend since the first guy's mother is attending.What the frig??? 
  • edited December 2011
    Just say "NO!"Be firm! I don't understand people. On my end people started inviting themselves on my FACEBOOK PAGE!! I was like "WHAT?! I haven't seen or spoken to you in like 5 years!"Tell them you can't, sorry, it's out of your hands!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, that's the thing.  FI sees their mothers often.  He has a relationship with him, like you knowing your BFF's mom, you know?I told him to invite them from the very beginning and he said, "nah."  So we made our guest list.  Couldn't fit anyone in.  But we have the space now after the Nos.  We can definitely fit them in, it's just the lack of manners.  Seriously.  How the frig do you do invite yourself?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL...I'm sorry...people suck! :(
  • caleb0318caleb0318 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol...this is happening to me right now with my coworkers! I'm hearing a lot of, "I can't wait to see Caleb (our son) in his tux" And I wanna be like " I really don't remember saying you were invited!" We work in tight quarters and I keep wedding talk to a minimal, unless asked for this exact reason. The "self invites" are driving me crazy though!
  • babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!!! My one co-worker has been self-inviting herself since i got engaged and she saw my STD and says she can't wait to put it on her fridge lol! and she says she's briging a guest! and apologized for missing my eparty to which she wasn't invited!!! ughhhhhhh people!!!Sorry Ana...I know it's hard to say No...hopefully you'll be more brave than i am and just say NO!!! lol
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really worried about this, 'cause I will flat out say no. I'm more worried about randoms actually showing up at the wedding.
  • rclnd83rclnd83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    girl stuck to ur guns.
  • edited December 2011
    I know I don't understand how people do this... I haven't experienced it too much yet... Hopefully it won't be too bad (i hope)
  • edited December 2011
    That's INSANE!!!!!!!!! If you don't want them there.....say no!
  • minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will so Im sorry but No!!
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    uuuhhh sorry you can not come. We had to cut our list down and we are at full capacity. the nerve of these people. ggrr!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are no words. Oh, wait.. there is one that comes to mind: NO!  =)We had a friend of ours invite himself. One night at dinner during a convo he just starts telling me "You don't need to invite ALL the friends. That's a lot of people.. " [interrupting him] "No, it's really small and simple. Just intimate family members." [continuing as if I hadn't said anything] "Let see, there's me and my gf, john and jane, you don't have to invite bob, joe, jack (tand so on)". I can't wait for invites to go out and hear "where's my invitation??". These be fun time, Ana. =D
  • edited December 2011
    wow people are so amazingly BOLD!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Even thought there is room... i would say no. People are so rude! Blame if on the place. "I'm so so so sorry, but we made our list and its EXACT. Its not even us, the hotel just WONT allow anymore people. I'm so sorry!"
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, we talked about it and our answer will be no.  You can't just ask to go to a wedding just because so and so gets to go.  Good luck to all you who are sending out your invitations soon! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards