Connecticut

Fantasia, North Haven???

Has anyone had a wedding at Fantasia or know anyone who did?  Any comments?

Re: Fantasia, North Haven???

• edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there. They had a nice little garden for pictures and the inside was nice. There were a few stylistic things that i didn't like about the place but I was just comparing it to my own wedding. The food was good and the alcohol was better (I don't remember too much more than that!)
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at Fantasia bc my ex-coworker said their food is really good (authentic Italian). The place just didn't do it for us, reception room was outdated and the bridal suite doesn't have a bathroom so you have to use the one that everyone else uses. Plus it's off a busy street in the middle of an industrial area. I think for the same price you can find something better somewhere else.
  • romyjm8romyjm8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Jamie - are you by chance from Newington?
  • edited December 2011
    I had my prom there. It's ok. Price is pretty good. If I recall it would be around 90 dollars tax and tip including. FI and I thought the dance floor was either too small or just the wrong shape for our number of quests. It's a very long rectangle. The garden area in the back is nicely landscaped but it's in the middle of the parking lot, surrounded by a humongous grey fence. (Hard to explain). They showed us their kitchen though. It has to be the nicest, cleanest kitchen I've ever seen!!
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • OLJ1010OLJ1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We thought about booking our wedding there.. it was a top contender, but we ended up not choosing it. I think the package prices were good, the people were nice and the garden in the back is very pretty for ceremony and pictures, but the other girls are right, the room/carpeting is outdated and a little bit dark IMO. Also there's no direct access from the reception area to the garden in the back, the guests have to walk through the parking lot to get to it and like pp said it's enclosed by a big gray fence. I think it's worth checking out if you're curious to at least get your own feel.
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding here about 5 years ago and as a guest, I wasn't impressed. The service was mediocre (we couldn't get the waiter to refill our water pitcher). I wasn't overly impressed with the food choices. It was buffett style and the food was not hot, only warm. Two big pluses: big dance floor and good drinks (which may have been the bartender). I found the outside front area to be a little tacky, but I never went back to the gardens. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    we looked into it. pricewise it was in our top 3, but we never even went ot see it, we just loved mahans so much more. i honestly cant offhand think of a knottie who was gotten married there in the year ive been on the boards...
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, I am from Newington.  I think you are all right.  I thought the price was descent but didn't like how it is in the middle of a parking lot, the garden.  We went to see a place in New Haven, Amarante's Sea Cliff and I think thats the place.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay Amarante's! Just booked there too!
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards