Nebraska-Omaha

Alterations

Question, I was wondering if you went to an independent party for alterations or if you had your gown altered at the store you bought it? I have heard good thing about Linda Lee, and unsure if I should go with her? Or have Davids alter my gown.

Re: Alterations

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I use Linda Lee and LOVE her!  She does really good work and is really reasonably priced.  I used her for my wedding dress, a BM dress, and will be using her again for another BM dress.  Well worth the drive over to CB.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't have Davids alter your gown--they are waaaaay overpriced and their service sucks.  I went to Karen Tangeman in Papillion.  I had a 9-point bustle put on my dress, a 5-point bustle on the overlay, a hidden pocket added, the clasp moved on the jacket, and the sleeves shortened, all for $107!  DB would have charged me almost $200 just for all the bustling i needed.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • heathergustheathergust member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too am using Linda Lee after hearing good things on the Knot and a few friends used her.  She loves what she does and shows it.  I requested pricing from the bridal store just to make myself feel better about not spending so much $ at the bridal store.  Terrible experience CS wise. But then I went to Linda and she is so nice and really there to make the bride feel happy.  I had her add an extra piece of fabric on my shoulder and she talked about using a coupon and only charging me for the fabric.  I don't think a big bridal store would be willing to make you a deal.  
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I did speak with Linda and she was so nice and helpful, I will also call Karen in Papillion. Thank you again!!
  • edited December 2011
    Linda Lee=Amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Teacherlady or anyone else, can you please give me Karen's phone number? Thanks!
  • teacherlady79teacherlady79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen Tangeman = 402-593-1830
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards