Florida-South Florida

FI Grandmother...Not So Nice! :(

Sorry for the lenght!...She called me today to confirm she got the invitation. Due to some family issues, FI brother lives with dad not with mom, but mom RSVP'd for him anyways. Fine. Whatever.Grandma calls me (who lives with dad and tells me the following)Her: HIMe: HelloHer: I got the invitation and I sent it. I made a mistake and put everyone on the vegetarian meal but we want the beef meal (??? Okay!!)Me: Sure, no problem. Oh, by the way, X's mom already RSVP'd for him, so don't worry about doing itHer: Oh, but you put us down for 4 seats?Me: yeah, I know, one of them was for XHer: Okay, then put my son's GF daughter as the 4th one. She's 11.Me: Well, we are at full capacity and we really aren't catering to kidsHer: Well, you put 4 so I am taking 4Me: Umm...Her: Did you hear me?Me: yeah, okay I guess.Her: I'm just going by what you wrote. You put 4 so I'm giving you 4Me: Fine...W/EHer: By the way, do you fit into your dress? You should lose like 20 lbs so you could look good!ME: WHAT?Her: Yeah, I lost 10Me: Umm, I look fine!Her: No! You should lose AT LEAST 20!!Me: well...Her: No Excuses! You are fat! Okay gotta go Bye! Remember 20 lbs! **CLICK**F MY LIFE!

Re: FI Grandmother...Not So Nice! :(

• caleb0318caleb0318 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!!! Is she serious?! Who would say things like that? Judging from your siggy pic, you are NOT fat and not even close to it! What does your FI say about his grandmas not so nice comments?
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am speechless.
  • babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!! Just WOW!!! No words! not F your life...F her!
  • michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just read this and honestly... I have my mouth open...   OMG- HOW RUDE!!!!
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG that has to be the most hirrific thing ive ever heard!!! I am so so sorry!
  • muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BIOOOTCH!!!  Damn - I am soooo sorry you have to deal with that woman. I feel sorry for her DH!
  • edited December 2011
    Ummm.. wow. Not a very nice lady... please don't let her bring you down!!! :\
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Huge WTF!Seriously?!
  • edited December 2011
    O-M-G who does his granny think she is?!
  • minerva0416minerva0416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She have the nerve!! speechless too!!
  • edited December 2011
    I want to call her all sorts of mean, inappropriate things right now!Tell her to go f off! You are gorgeous and she is a bitter old hag!
  • avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a joke, right?! It has to be, this wouldn't actually come out of someone's mouth.::Getting over the shock::PLEASE call her back. Please tell her that 4th person is NOT invited.  Period.  And tell her to keep her big, fat mouth shut.  I'm so pissed for you right now!!!
  • edited December 2011
    She's probably senile. My grandmere told my pastor he was fat. Being senile is a form of dementia, almost.
  • edited December 2011
    NOT taking away from the horrible thing she said, by the way!
  • edited December 2011
    Please, I agree with PP. Call her back and tell her the 4th person is NOT invited. If she doesn't listen... tell FI to do it!!!! The nerve of her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, my FIs grandmother is a nut too... unfortunately we have to put up with the crazy family members dont we?
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I am speechless...Please call her and tell her sorry you can bring your sons gf to the wedding. Tell her all seat arrangements are done and that if you invite her you would need an extra table since the rest are full and she would have to sit be herself in an empty table. If that doesn't work tell FI to call her. Honey you do not have to lose 20 lbs. Fom your siggy you look good. best of luck!still have my mouth wide open in disbelief.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oye, these freaking viejas (translated: old ladies) are out of control!! lol WTF?? Just for that the kid is not invited. No means no, cabrona (translated: biitch)!Ay.. I'm pissed for you. Old, senile, whatever.. it's no excuse for something stupid like that. AAAAH!!! I'm getting out of this thread. I just get angrier the more I think about it.. lol. What did FI say about this?
  • edited December 2011
    you are a better woman than I am. She would have been torn a new one. Old g-ma or not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL Andra.. And I think the 11 year old is the daughter of FFIL's girlfriend.
  • edited December 2011
    LOLOLOL Andra!!!!! You are hilarious!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW..she needs to know her place pronto hon!
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhh helllllll NO! I'm fed UP with EVERYONE thinking they can have opinions!!! WTF!!!! Have your FI call back and say NO to the 11 year old  ...omg wow. andddd you're not fat... at all. Please do not even mind this crazy g-ma.
  • edited December 2011
    OH HELL NO SHE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!! Dealing with the grandparents can be a touchy subject, you don't want to have any tension, but I'm not sure I would put up with that crap. The first time I met FI's grandmother (actually the whole family) all the ladies went shopping. So we're walking around a store and his little says "that's really pretty underwear. You should buy it". His grandmother turns around and says "you would need to lose a lot of weight to look good in it". I was dumbfounded for a minute and then I said "well Cesar loves me the way I am and he think I look beautiful in anything."Luckily for me, she barely spoke english and didn't really understand me but it felt good to stand up for myself anyway!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Michelle, this is horrendous!!! My jaw is on the floor! I'm so sorry. Don't listen to her and call her back and tell her no she' can't have the extra people. Oooh this made my blood boil!XO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards