April 2012 Weddings

Let's get to know each other a little!

Since we have nearly 2 years to plan together, we should get to know each other a little bit!

Name? 

Fiance's Name? 

Projected wedding date?

Where are you from?

Wedding Colors?

Do you have a special theme to your wedding? 

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for?

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?  

Your favorite thing about your FI? 

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day?

P1131150

Re: Let's get to know each other a little!

• norsernnorsern member
    First Comment
    Since we have nearly 2 years to plan together, we should get to know each other a little bit!

Name?  Kacie

Fiance's Name?  Mike

Projected wedding date?  04.21.2012.

Where are you from? Originally from Iowa, moved to South Carolina 8 months ago

Wedding Colors? Shades of blue, green, hints of yellow

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  We picked our colors based on sea glass which we both think is beautiful.  Threw the yellow in for a little sunshine.  We will definitely incorporate sea glass in our decor

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? I'm pretty excited to have most of my family and close friends come visit  - most of them have never been to the area.

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?  Registered Nurse

Your favorite thing about your FI?  His unwavering support and love for me, even through crazy emotional times when I'm missing home a little.  But at the same time, those periods don't happen often because I'm so happy being with him.

4 years, 1 month, 1 day
    P1131150

• Name?  Jen

Fiance's Name?  Mike

Projected wedding date? 04/29/12 - It will be on a sunday.

Where are you from? Originally from Peru but was raised in NJ.

Wedding Colors? I'm not sure yet, I keep on changing my mind and its too early to settle on colors...at least for me ;]

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  not really but hopefully it will come to me.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Everything!!! I can't wait to start putting together decorations and flowers and invites and music...and the list goes on lol

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying? I'm both.  I currently work full-time as an admin assistant, I'm also going to grad school for Mental Health Couneling at Seton Hall and I just started doing my internship at a Sexual Assault Center.

Your favorite thing about your FI? I can't just pick one! He has been understanding and supportive of all my choices even when I struggled thru some.  He always pushes me to do better even when I doubt myself, he really believes in me.  And I just loooove his sarcasm sometimes he can be an a-hole but I just love it.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? We'll be together for like 9 years in 2012.  Wow...I feel so old!!!

I look forward to getting to know you all ladies, these two years cannot go by fast enough!!
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • Name? Sarah

Fiance's Name? Jason 

Projected wedding date? 4/14/12

Where are you from? Ohio

Wedding Colors? Pink, green, and navy blue

Do you have a special theme to your wedding? Simplicity? That's not really a theme per say but it's what I'm going for. I picked the colors I liked. He's didn't care. 

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? A little bit of everything. I love planning and researching. I also think the more background work you do the less problems you'll have up front/ the easier they are to fix.

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   project coordinator

Your favorite thing about your FI?  Overall I would say it's that listens he and uses his words.  I love that we can talk about things openly and honestly; makes things a little easier :)

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? We'll be together about 3.5 years.
  • edited June 2010

• Name?  Kelsey
    Fiance's Name?  Jeffrey
    Projected Wedding Date?  April 21, 2012
    Where are you from?  Massachusetts
    Wedding Colors?  Eggplant/plum bold purple, and cream!
    Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  No, not really, just spring-y-ness.
    The detail of your wedding your most excited for?  Making the centerpieces and favors and having everything be so super beautiful!
    Your job?  If you're a student, what are you studying?  I work as a full time caregiver for my 2 year old niece.  It's a heck of a lot of work, but it does give me a 2.5 hr break every day (nap time!) for me to work on wedding plans!  I'm also a student at a state school, majoring in Operations Management.
    What's your favorite thing about your fiance?  Even after 3.5 years, he still goes above and beyond to make sure I'm always happy.  I'm very spoiled.  He adores me so much, and I can always see that in his eyes.
    Amount of time you and your FI will be together on your wedding day?  5.5 years!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since we have nearly 2 years to plan together, we should get to know each other a little bit!

Name?  Sara

Fiance's Name?  Howard

Projected wedding date? April 14, 2012

Where are you from? We live in NYC, but moved here together from South Florida, which is where our wedding will be

Wedding Colors? Chocolate Brown, Ivory, with touches of Blue

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Nope, but I think I want to have a common element throughout, like ribbons or polka dots, something to tie all of the stationary, cake, dresses,  and other little details together.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Everything is pretty exciting... But I'd say my dress, the cake, and having sparklers is what I'm most excited about at this point.  

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   I am, technically,  a Guidance Counselor, but am currently working for the Department of Labor as an Employment Counselor.

Your favorite thing about your FI?  He is the nicest person I have ever met in my life.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? We chose our wedding date because it will be our 4 year anniversary :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • sosie&fangmansosie&fangman member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Name?  <font color="#ff00ff">Sarah</font>
    Fiance's Name? <font color="#ff00ff">Craig</font>
    Projected wedding date? <font color="#ff00ff">April 15, 2012</font>
    Where are you from? <font color="#ff00ff">We are both in Keller, TX, outside of Fort Worth</font>
    Wedding Colors? <font color="#ff00ff">Not sure yet, i have been thinking something with green, yellow and/or blue , but all very pale since it is a spring wedding.</font>
    Do you have a special theme to your wedding? <font color="#ff00ff">I wanted an Amalie inspired wedding (hence the yellows and greens) but not really sure how to pull it off...</font>
    The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? <font color="#ff00ff">Dress shopping!!</font>
    Your job?  <font color="#ff00ff">If you are a student, what are you studying?  Student studying English preparing to be a Jr High English Teacher! SO EXCITED!!</font>
    Your favorite thing about your FI? <font color="#ff00ff">He is the perfect compliment to me...and even after six years together, i giggle when i think of him.</font>
    Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? <font color="#ff00ff">One day shy of eight years.</font>
    Posted by thelostiowan[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name?  Emily

Fiance's Name?  Jason

Projected wedding date? 4/13/12 (Yes, Friday the 13th)

Where are you from? Atlanta

Wedding Colors? Pink/Green

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  We're using a lot of science and asian inspired ideas.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? All of it really. I'm a crafter and plannig on doing a lot of things myself, which is really exciting.

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?  I work at a craft store for now, about to go back to school.

Your favorite thing about your FI?  Everything. He can always make me smile.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 3 years, 7 months
  • Name?  Shannon

Fiance's Name?  Dave

Projected wedding date? April 14, 2012 (as of right now)

Where are you from?  Northern Virginia

Wedding Colors? none yet (been engaged for 2 weeks)

Do you have a special theme to your wedding? Garden style wedding 

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? not sure, probably the dress

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying? Both, I am a full time assistant for preschoolers with Autism and I am getting my BS in psychology 

Your favorite thing about your FI? Everything, he is just a great guy.  He treats me like a princess and takes care of me each and every day of my life.  He also puts up with alot from me. 

8.5 years (I waited 6.5 for the ring, so i guess i can wait 21 more months)
  • Hi everyone

Name?  Anjelique

Fiance's Name?  Kyle

Projected wedding date? april 20, 2012

Where are you from? California!

Wedding Colors? undecided

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  no, just romantic and upbeat

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? saying "i-do" since we have waited so long i cant wait till im his! and seeing his face when i walk down the isle in a beautiful dress

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying? i am a instrument tech at a eye surgery center, i am also a full time student majoring in criminal justice

Your favorite thing about your FI?  everytime i am around him i feel so safe and loved. We have been through so many obsticles and i always knew we would make it!

3yrs 1month
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Name? An Dwynette

Fiance's Name?  Ross

Projected wedding date? 4.21.2012

Where are you from? Florida

Wedding Colors? not sure yet

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  spring-ish

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? dress shopping

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?  nursing student 

Your favorite thing about your FI?  the fact the he is an amazing father to our son and will do anything for us

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 4 years exactly
  • Schmidt6Schmidt6 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Hi Everyone, I'm so excited to see that there are many 2012 brides out there!

Name: Sarah

Fiance's Name: Jonathan

Projected wedding date: 4/27/2012

Where are you from: New Jersey, by the shore (nothing like "Jersey Shore"!)

Wedding Colors: blue and orange (our favorite colors!)

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  We don't have a theme quite yet, but I think we are leaning towards music, because my fiance is a musician.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? The honeymoon!! We have decided to save up and go to Bora Bora!

Your job: I'm a Career Counselor at a Community College in New Jersey.

Your favorite thing about your FI:  The way he can always make me smile and laugh no matter what is going on.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day: We will have been together for 9 years and 6 months!!  Whew!
  • Name?  Michelle

Fiance's Name?  Phil

Projected wedding date? April 21st, 2012

Where are you from? Originally California, lived in Minnesota for awhile, in Montana now.

Wedding Colors? Light purple and black.

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  No

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? The reception...celebrating and dancing with friends and family.

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   I work in claims editing at a health insurance company.

Your favorite thing about your FI?  He is just so sweet, can always make me laugh.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? Exactly 3 years to the day.

• Name?  Stacey

Fiance's Name?  Matt

Projected wedding date? April 12, 2012

Where are you from? Iowa

Wedding Colors? Dark Purple and Cream

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  I love the romance of lace so I'm thinking about incorporating it through the invites, centerpieces, and hopefully the dress as well.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Planning everything with the help of my family and future mother in law.  They all mean the world to me and I know we will have a blast together!

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   I am in my last year studying Secondary Math Education and hope to teach high school students once I graduate. 

Your favorite thing about your FI? His sense of humor is contagious and makes being with him an absolute blast.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? Just over 6 years :)
  • Name:  Laura

Fiance's Name:  Jeff 

Projected wedding date: April 20th, 2012

Where are you from: California

Wedding Colors: Not sure yet.  My ideas change daily.

Do you have a special theme to your wedding:  Not sure yet.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for:  Celebrating our special day with our friends and family.  Oh, yea, and the whole marrying my favorite person.  =)

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying:  I'm a receptionist at a vet clinic

Your favorite thing about your FI:  Everything.  I love the fact that he knows me so well and can calm me down when I'm freaking out.  And his smile makes me smile every time. 

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 3 years and 10 months
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    Name:  Marci

Fiance's Name:  Teo

Projected wedding date: April 14th, 2012

Where are you from: Pennsylvania

Wedding Colors: lavender, light green, and white.

Do you have a special theme to your wedding: no, just spring.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for:  I'm excited for that bit of alone time you get together after the ceremony and before the reception- the first moments as husband/wife!

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying: I'm a PhD student in biomedical science

Your favorite thing about your FI:  His ability to always know just what to say/do to make me happy.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 2 weeks short of 6 years!

• Name?  Helena

Fiance's Name? 
    Gene

Projected wedding date?
    April 15 – it will be on Sunday

Where are you from?
    He is from Iowa, I am half Italian, half American but lived all over the world…or almost!

Wedding Colors?  I am so undecided about it; I love the combination of
    fuchsia, black, purple, white, as well as aqua, green and white

Destination Wedding…somewhere in Florida, Bahamas or Caribbean. Beach, sunset, tropical. We will have a second reception in Italy that will be held in Lake Como.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for
    ? Spending a three days  vacation with our families and close friends in a luxurious hotel at a paradise beach, full of fun activities for all, where, on a meaningful Christian ceremony I will marry the man I love….

I am a financial consultant.
    Everything pretty much. He is supportive, hard worker, great sense of humor, has more than one “honey do it” day for year, love my kids, stayed with me in my worse moments, thinks that I am very pretty, and actually listen to me!!!

Almost 7 years…6 years and 9 months to be more accurate!
  • Name?  Sara

Fiance's Name? Jimmy 

Projected wedding date? April 21, 2012

Where are you from? Melbourne, Florida

Wedding Colors? no idea yet, I change my mind every day!

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  not yet, I'm all over the place with ideas!

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? just finally being married to the love of my life :)

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   I work in retail at Kohl's and at Lids. I am in school studying retail management and photography.

Your favorite thing about your FI?  how cooperative he is with the planning! and not thinking I'm crazy for starting everything so early :)

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? seven years and six months!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name?  Vanessa

Fiance's Name?  Tim

Projected wedding date? 04.16.12 (Just an approximate date so far)

Where are you from? Hudson Valley, New York (but born in California, and lived in NYC)

Wedding Colors? Brown, shades of Green, a warm Purple, and Ivory

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  It's going to be very natural. We're having it in the rainforests of Costa Rica, and I'm excited to have the flora and fauna of the rainforest all around us. Nothing over the top or modern, just very simple and natural.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Not planning anything! We just had our DIY garden themed engagement party and that alone was so much work! I can't wait to sit back and let the planner make all the decisions, since all I care about is the location and having an amazing time with my family, friends, and Tim :)

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying? I work at JPMorgan Chase as a Processor.

Your favorite thing about your FI?  His dedication and support. No matter what, I know he'll be there for me.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? It will be about 4 years and 10 months :)
  • feffanyfeffany member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Name?  Stephanie

Fiance's Name?  Brett

Projected wedding date? 04.22.12

Where are you from? Capital Region, NY

Wedding Colors? Yellow, with green and blue thrown in

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Yep, it's Earth Day so we're trying to be as eco-friendly as possible. For a symbol, we are using honeybees

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? I love finding eco-friendly alternatives for classic wedding stuff-- they are usually cheaper! I'm doing almost EVERYING DIY (I recently bought a cricut machine) and love that everything is going to be custom! Having fun creating layouts and templates for everything.

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   Just graduated college.... in between things now, on the way to becoming a teacher.

Your favorite thing about your FI?  His green eyes and sense of humor.... it always gets himself out of trouble!

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? Four years, two months.... friends for a total of six years (college sweethearts!)
    image photo DSCF1711-h2o.jpg image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • murphbmurphb member
    First Comment
    Name?  Brynna Murphy

Fiance's Name?  Adrian LePique

Projected wedding date? 04/21/12

Where are you from? Edwardsville, IL (originally Harrisburg, IL)

Wedding Colors? Royal blue, light blue, and white

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Not really. We just want it to be modern, elegant, and swanky!

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Marrying my best friend and then throwing the party of a lifetime to celebrate!

I'm entering my last year of my Music Education degree  

Your favorite thing about your FI?  Where to start? He's been my best friend since we met. What more can I ask for?

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 5 years 5 months and 6 days

Good luck to you all in your planning! May we have the times of our lives on our journey to married life!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Name?  Sarah

Fiance's Name?  Greg

Projected wedding date? April 7, 2012

Where are you from? Rhode Island

Wedding Colors? Yellow and Green

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Hmm, not really a theme per se, but I based my wedding colors on daffodils - my favorite (and luckily inexpensive) flower.  This might be the only thing keeping me within my flower budget.

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for?  This is going to sound nuts, but saving money.  I love to find deals and get more for less. 

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   Speech-Language Pathologist

Your favorite thing about your FI?  His calm demeanor.  I can get stressed pretty easily and he's always cool, calm, and collected.  And handles my stressed-ness very well. 

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day?  Ha!  When I first reat the question I was thinking, "Oh, I don't know, I didn't really think of that... maybe 7 or 8 hours."  8 1/2 years, which seems like a really long time now that I just wrote it down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name? 
    Christine
    Fiance's Name? 
    Brian
    Projected wedding date?
    April 14, 2012
    Where are you from?
    Ft. lauderdale, Florida (currently living in MN and moving to NY)
    Wedding Colors?

Light Green and pink with an accent color (maybe silver or gold or chocolate)
    Spring, lots of tulips and greenery.  It will also be vegetarian. 
    The detail of the wedding you're most excited for?
    Being able to celebrate with all my favorite people
    Just graduated law school and took the bar.  No job yet!
    That he loves my crazy moments that most other people can't stand.  He accepts me and finds my quirks cute.  I also really like his dimpels and green eyes. 
    3 years and 9 months
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Name?  Lauren

Fiance's Name?  Robbie

Where are you from?  Suburbs of Baltimore, MD

Wedding Colors?  debating between purple, dark red, sage green

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  just simple and elegant; no specific theme

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? being able to call him my husband :)

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   medical student

Your favorite thing about your FI?  his ability to make me laugh regardless of the situtation

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day?  3 years, 11 months
  • Name?  Melissa

Fiance's Name?  Jim

Where are you from?  St. Louis, Missouri

Wedding Colors?  Not completely decided, but really like sky blue, with a touch of yellow and white roses and lillies throughout.

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Traditional/ Spring

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? walking down the aisle

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   Logistics Specialist

Your favorite thing about your FI?  Everything thats why i'm marrying him! No if I had to pick i would say his personality. He's so outgoing and gets along with anyone. He can make friends with the grocery checkout boy and can make anyone laugh.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day?  5.5 years
    Photobucket
  • rerawaltrerawalt member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Name?  Becca

Fiance's Name?  Cam

Projected wedding date?  ??? A Saturday in April?

Where are you from?  I live in Houston but I'm from Nebraska

Wedding Colors? Probably brown and light blue

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  nope

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? we are hoping to have signature snowcones (outdoor wedding in Texas)

i'm a neonatolgist (doctor for sick babies) and i finish my training this june

Your favorite thing about your FI?  he's romantic in really original ways, he takes the time to come up with things that i will like instead of what's expected

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 3.5 years
  • Name?  Amy

Fiance's Name?  Kevin

Projected wedding date? 4/14/2012

Where are you from? Born and raised in MN, currently living in NM

Wedding Colors? Umm, definitely green, blue, and yellow 

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Old world traditions, him in a kilt, me in a dirndl

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for?  the reception, hoping to keep the party going all night and serve breakfast

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?  currently working at a call center, but going back to school for non profit management

Your favorite thing about your FI?  the fact he puts up with me and thinks i'm the most amazing woman ever

4 years and 9 months
    image 235 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • edited August 2010
    Name?  Denise

Fiance's Name?  Don

Projected wedding date? 4/28/12

Where are you from? Baltimore, MD

Wedding Colors? Purple

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Chesapeake Bay

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Finding THE dress

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   animal trainer at the National Aquarium

Your favorite thing about your FI? He's the male version of me and we can be completely stupid together

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 10.5 years
    Visit The Knot!
  • Glad to see so many April 2012 brides!  So excited to plan the next two years!

Name?  Jaime

Fiance's Name?  Frank

Projected wedding date? April 21, 2012

Where are you from?  New York

Wedding Colors? Not completely decided but leaning toward green, light pink, and white

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  Not really just looking forward to a spring wedding!

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? Dress shopping, the flowers, the invitations, the honeymoon.. basically everything!

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   Registered Nurse

Your favorite thing about your FI?  He always know exactly what to say to calm me down when I'm upset about something.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day?  Almost 9 years!
  • Name?  Jenn

Fiance's Name?  Joe

Projected wedding date? April 7 or 8

Where are you from? South of Boston

Wedding Colors? Yellow, Grey and the white of my dress and the black of their tuxes

Do you have a special theme to your wedding?  not yet

The detail of the wedding you're most excited for? marrying my best friend

Your job?  If you are a student, what are you studying?   I am a musician, he's a chef

Your favorite thing about your FI?  We've known each other for 21 years. He taught me how to throw a football, knows more about me than I know about myself and he still wants to marry me.

Amount of time you and FI will be together on your wedding day? 4 years and 1 or 2 days (depending on which day we choose)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards