North Carolina

A question from my FI :) - Picture Location -

Alright. . so FI knows how much time I spend on here and thinks its funny and also likes some of the advise and opinions everyone has. Its also nice to talk with others . . well . .respond to posts with others because all of my friends have moved away since graduating college, so Im here with like two other friends. . aka its nice to talk with others (I need more friends :( . . any takers Hah! )That was random. .sorry lolAnyways. . we're looking for a location for our engagment photos (We're pretty late with this, oops) He recently saw a couple photos of a session done somewhere in downtown Raleigh and it looks like the couple was skipping over broken concrete that had a water stream going through it. He can't remember which photographer took it and can't find it online anywhere so he asked very nicely if I would post on here and see if any of you ladies knew where this might be???Thanks !! :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: A question from my FI :) - Picture Location -

• alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The American Tabacco Campus in Downtown Durham is kinda like that.  They have a "stream" that runs around the outside area with rocks that you can step over.  If you are coming down to the haunted house tomorrow, that's where it's at.  You can get a great look at the place.  A lot of people have gotten wedding and engagement photos done there.  We are doing ours there in the spring so that we can also go over to the baseball stadium.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Allie : Thats def. close to it!! We're totally going to drive and stop by there tomorrow :)
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think there might be something at the arboretum in raleigh... idk I'll see if I can find a pic of what I'm thinking about.
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For some reason I think Lusher had pictures of being carried over a stream with broken concrete.
  • edited December 2011
    Grace, she did, I was just going to say that! [url]http://nancyrayblog.com/?p=1482[/url] PS, part two of their wedding is up on Nancy Ray's blog as well!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like the Tobacco Co. to me too. We did ours at Duke Gardens. It's a little overdone, but our pics were pretty. Im sure that anywhere you choose, the pictures will turn out great. And, don't feel bad. All of my friends have moved away too, and most that are still in Raleigh are new moms, so they don't have time like they use to. NONE of my bridesmaids live in the area, so Im planning all alone too. Maybe we can organize a Raleigh area Knottie diner night or something, just to vent!!
    edited December 2011
    YAY!! This is why I love you guys!! The session from Nancy Ray is the one with the picture FI likes :)Im all for a Raleigh Knotties meet up!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, that is definitely American Tobacco.  I love it there.  There are so many interesting shots and different styles/ feels that you can capture.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BTW, we are having a Triangle knottie night on Nov 8th at Grace's place in Durham.  You guys should come if you weren't already planning to do so.
  • LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know there was a Triangle Knottie Night!! Can someone send me the details?? LBM7189@Yahoo Thanks! I'll see if I can make it!
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to me :) ncsupsych at gmail dot com We could do one at my place too if anyone wanted. . we're in fuquay :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards