Wedding Etiquette Forum

When did you...

...print your invitations?  The Knot checklist is telling me I should order invitations now, but we're DIYing.  Should I start printing/cutting/doing all that crap now?  It seems kind of early, but since I'm DIYing it'll probably take me a month or two to get it all done.
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: When did you...

• With DIY I say the sooner the better. The last thing you want to is too be stressed if it takes longer than expected. Also if you were to run out of a certain material you are suing you want to allow yourself enough time to shop for that matching material without freaking out because a store ran out.
  • I would start just in case. Time creeps up on you quickly and next thing you know you are at the point when you need to mail them. The last 2 months before we were married went by SO fast!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought ours super early...maybe 9 months out? Wedding Paper Divas was running an awesome sale that I couldn't pass up.I don't think it would be a bad idea to get an early start, since it's such a lengthy process--it'll free you up to do other DIY later.
  • We ordered ours pretty early.  I put them all together and they sat around for awhile, but it was better that way.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I printed ours, stuffed them and mailed them in a 1 week span. I was running late and wish I had more buffer time.
  • Whoa, crazy.I guess I'm terrified that something will change and I'll have to print them and redo them.  But, especially with the holidays coming up I guess I need to get a move on!  The pocketfold parts are all done, the inserts aren't. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ordered mine in August. They took about one week to come in. I'm sending them out on Nov. 16, which is a little early (8 wks before wedding), but I don't want them to get lost in the Christmas shuffle.
  • I have no insight whatsoever, but I thought our beagle babies should meet. So there.
  • Aww, cute.  My next door neighbor's kid asked me the other day if he was a "bagel."  Not quite!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'll admit that when it's baby-talk time, they are referred to as "my wittle bagle babies". My girl looks just like yours!
  • Ours is a boy, but he's tiny.  19 pounds--the vet wants him to gain a little weight!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Brie, we have the same date & are DIY'ing all of ours too.  I've got the design all done, and have the materials already purchased.  I won't be printing until January, most likely, although I'm sort of anxious to have them done.  I need exact meal choices for each guest, and our venue is getting a new chef in November.  We're going to do two tastings, probably, before we pick the menu. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Yeah, we don't have meal choices, so that's something at least. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine are still not done, and they need to be out around January 12th. I'm a slacker. I have the paper, the glue, just can't decide exactly what I want or how to go about doing it (DIY all myself or send them to an Etsy seller to do).
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • For ours, I started in April. I designed the invites myself and got the files to a professional printer who took MONTHS to get them back to me. Then I worked on them a little bit at a time. It was so much better for me to not have to do all of them at once. I think I addressed them five at a time. The longer I write, the worse my handwriting gets, so I needed to space it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards