Attire & Accessories Forum

To the ladies who own Louboutin's...

I posted earlier this week about a site I had found where you could get Louboutin's at a majorly reduced price, everyone told me not to order from there, that they will be fake.  My question to all you owners out there; is there a way to tell genuine Louboutin's?  I tried to do some research on my own but came up with nothing.  I'm considering buying a pair on Ebay and I don't want to get ripped off.  If you ladies could help me out I would really appreciate it!  Thanks!  :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: To the ladies who own Louboutin's...

• The seller said that they were purchased at niemans but I just want to be sure, I don't know if there is some way I could ask to see a receipt, I think I might offend them with that though, I just don't know what to do!  lol
  • it's a business transaction, don't worry about offending them! protect yourself.
  • Try browsing through posts on AuthenticForum.  I use the boards there to confirm the authenticity of jeans before buying them on ebay.  They normally have guides about how to judge by looking at tags, soles, etc.  If you post the pictures, people will normally chime in and confirm.  Come to think of it, if you actually search on ebay guides, there's probably one for confirming authenticity of Louboutins as well.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If they really want you to buy the shoes, I would think that they'd be more than willing to show you the receipt.If someone said they were offended if I asked for a receipt, I'd take that to mean that they were lying to be about the authenticity of the shoes.
  • http://forum.purseblog.com/louboutin-shopping/Paste the ebay link on the Authentication thread at the top.  These ladies are ridiculously talented at spotting fakes.  I had them check out a pair of boots before I bought them off ebay.
  • It will be easier to see up close whether they are real because it's all about the workmanship and quality of the materials used, fake one's don't use real leather or good quality fabrics.Ask for proof of purchase because there are a lot of fakes out there and I would imagine they are very disappointing, if they are fake you may as well just buy a high street copy/adaptation at a chain store.
  • Also, just keep in mind the price you are paying for the shoes. If its too good to be true, it usually is.
  • All designer purses I've seen on ebay come with a receipt and/or original tags. You should definitely ask for that if you buy that item, because I feel it would be the same with shoes.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Another option, if you have the time, is to try to shop Nieman's twice annual sales...the sale prices on top designer shoes are really worth it. I have shopped at the flagship store in Dallas for several of those sales (usually at the summer sale), and one of my best deals was an amazing pair of Manolos, original price $995, for $210 after the markdowns...I know that $210 isn't exactly "cheap", but was a great deal compared to the original price, and the bonus is that there was no question about the authenticity...btw, you can also shop these clearance sales online, if you don't live near a Niemans! Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards