Ohio-Cincinnati

**hrparker**

hrparker, did you use the deluxe hardcover for your guestbook from MyPublisher? And what kind of cover? And how does MyPublisher compare to Alchemy Albums (e.g. is it worth the $650+ to get it from Alchemy instead of MyPublisher)? I'm having a hard time figuring out which one to get!
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **hrparker**

• edited December 2011
    Sorry for butting in, but I have to say... If you're considering spending $650 on a guest book, I want YOUR wedding budget! I paid less than that for my ceremony/officiant's fee! :) Just sayin...  :)
  • edited December 2011
    If the deluxe hardcover is the large size hardcover with the picture book jacket, that's what we used.  I think the leather covers from just about all of the consumer-friendly book publishing companies to look cheap, but that's just my personal opinion.Also, to be entirely honest, I don't know if I'd get a guestbook from Alchemy if my budget was tight.  They're beautiful albums, and Laura really knows her way around a layout, but they are really expensive.  Knowing what I know now, I kind of wish we would have purchased Carson's most expensive package, though, because then it would have been included....  I WOULD however, get my wedding album from there, even if it wasn't included in my package.While our epics were important, and I'm glad we have them in several different mediums, I feel like our wedding photos deserve better than something like My Publisher.  There really isn't a comparison between something like My Publisher and the Asuka albums (or the other brands) that Alchemy uses.  I did a bunch of looking around at albums, and the only place I can find anyone saying they're remotely comparable is on the My Publisher website forums (hardly an unbiased source, kwim?).Cliffnotes:  If you have the extra cash, I say go for it.  The albums are fantastic.  If you don't, use My Publisher for your guestbook, but definitely splurge on your actual wedding album and use Alchemy for that.hth:)
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    jarmstrong23, I also don't have the $650 for a guestbook, but I really had to know what makes the difference between a $50 book and a $700 book. :P
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Clear,If you do a quick google search of my publisher vs. asuka, you'll come up with quite a few hits from photogs and printers comparing the two products.  Hope that helps with your decision.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Butting in... Feel free to stop by my house if you want to see a professionally created album.  My photographer didn't use the same company as hr but is probably in the same price range (not sure of exact price as it was part of my photography package).  Also, look at photographer album samples when you're interviewing them.
  • edited December 2011
    PS: I looked up the album company my photographer used and I think it's finao (ONE album).  You'll see part of what makes these albums cost quite a bit more is that they are real leather (with lots of fun colors, contrast rubs, and textures!).  The other part is that the pages are very thick (like a cardboard that you see in children's books) and my photo cover has a sheen to it...hard to describe..you need to see it in person!http://www.finaoonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=93
  • edited December 2011
    More thoughts on why professional albums are better - the photos are printed on real photo paper (vs. ink on a piece of paper) giving it a much more vibrant look, the pages lie flat at the spine instead of like a traditional book (curved)...
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Christine,Everything you're saying is true if you're opting for a traditional flushmount album.I think clear is considering a photobook.  In a photobook, generally the pages aren't flushmounted (though some companies do offer this option).  Even in photobook albums, though, the pro photobook companies (like Asuka) blow the consumer companies (Blurb, Picaboo, MyPublisher) out of the wate.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry about butting in with a question, I seem to do that a lot...but has anyone tried a local printing company for this? Like just a print shop that does offset or some other type of professional printing? It just seems like a huge price for just one book, the paper can't be more than $20, right? I know you're paying for design and the fact that it's not a huge print run, but I still can't reconcile the price with the fact that it's for just one book.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Christine.Louie, thanks so much for your input! I get very valuable info from you. I think I will stop by once I get e-pics done! But it won't be until 2010.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards