Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Day of Hair

For the married ladies- How did you decide on your hair stylist for the big day? Did anyone use their regular stylist? I'm not planning on having a full updo (just isn't me) so I've thought of just having my regular stylist do it, even though she doesn't usually do weddings. I would still do a trial with her to test it out. Any advice? I'm only starting to think of it now because other names I've heard mentioned on this board have already booked up.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Day of Hair

• edited December 2011
    One more thing! How did you decide on your hairstyle? Did you have a few original ideas or did you know all along what you wanted?
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm not married yet, but am having this problem. I used to always wear my hair down, so I figured I'd get stuff pulled back on the sides, and curled. I went for a trial and hated everything. She did a really good job, it just didn't feel right for my wedding day. I plan to go back and have different trials up, to see if I like them any better. I hope I do! I'd look to see what you like, and then just experiment when they are doing the trial with things you/she think will look good on you.I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how I want my hair, it's not as easy as I thought it would be. G/LOh, and going with your reg. stylist is a good idea. She knows your hair, and if you are pleased with your trial, see how it holds up over the course of the whole day. If you like it, you won't have anything to worry about!
  • edited December 2011
    Edit- not just for the married ladies!! Thanks for the response buttons- we seem to be in the same situation.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with my regular stylist and though she does do weddings on occasion it is not her specialty.  She knows my hair and is good at what she does so I know she is going to do  great job.As for style, I have been just looking through pictures of celebrity styles, wedding styles, etc and I am going to show them to her before my trial.  I definitely prefer my hair down and so I will probably do something down and wavy - fairly simple since my dress has a lot of beading and is pretty intricate.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    My sister went to her normal hair stylist. We actually met her when we had to get our prom hair done. What she suggested my sister do was a romantic low updo. A romantic style that didn't look promish at all.http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m425/dhunsberger1014/?action=view&current=DarleneandMom2-1.jpg" target="_blank">http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m425/dhunsberger1014/th_DarleneandMom2-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" >http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m425/dhunsberger1014/?action=view&current=DarleneandDiana-1.jpg" target="_blank">http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m425/dhunsberger1014/th_DarleneandDiana-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket" >Here are a few ideas of what my sister's looked like. Her stylist suggested staying away from it being down because curls can fall out pretty easily and your hair will look stringy. But that doesn't necessarily happen to everyone's hair.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted my hair partially down.  I first went w/ a trial w/ a person (I won't mention her b/c I was VERY unhappy with her and her work).  At that trial and I had a few different styles. Then I had a new trial with a different person.  I liked her.  We went through 3 hair-do's.  They were based off of pictures that I had brought with me.  I still wasn't happy with my hair. Then I had a 3rd trial! (Same person as the 2nd).  Finally by the 3rd hair-do I asked the hair person for her opinnion.  And that was the looked that I loved! I used Michelle w/ Bella Angel and was extremly happy.  Oh..and I had a similar thought as you about using my regular stylist...but she really shyed away and politely told me NO about the wedding hair.
  • matthew24matthew24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used a hair stylist which was close to my house but not my regular one because of the long distance and all the stylists that would come to my home were booked. When I went for my trial I thought my hair was ok, but not all that happen. On the day of my wedding my hair was very different and was very unhappy with it when I left, I thought it sucked. However, as the day progressed I loved it and love it now so you never know, something you don't like at first can really grow on you. Oh, and I took pictures to my stylist and knew I wanted my hair down. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't have my regular hair stylist do my hair for thewedding, but I brought her the style and asked "is this apossible hair style for me? Will it hold, what are your thoughts?"I always knew I wanted my hair up and that my hair is wayto thin to have it down, curly etc because it would not holdor look good.  I am also a huge fan of my hair up, especiallyfor special occasions because it shows off my face and Ithink is more flattering than with my hair down. GL.
  • tracyd21tracyd21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used my regular stylist for my wedding. She has been doing my hair since I was 13, so she has done many formal updos for me over the years. Plus, her salon is 5 minutes from my parents' house (where I stayed and got ready). I would ask your stylist to do a trial if she feels comfortable and see how it turns out. I found a lot of styles I liked on projectwedding.com. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards