Massachusetts-Boston

Hugs??

OK now that that is over with wanna sing kumbaya and hold hands? Say something nice about some one one here. ok go :)JBs- I am psyched to see your wedding. I think it is going to be awesome and I can hardly wait.Liv - get on a train to me in Norwalk now. We could definitely have a good time I am SURE.Shazzie - I love your attitude about everything. I sometimes wish I could be more like you about things.

Re: Hugs??

• edited December 2011
    and I meant to add Spuccio to that last one too. So here is the revision:Shazzie and Spuccio - I love your attitude about everything. I sometimes wish I could be more like you about things.
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm eating pumpkins made of sugar!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Etiquette Sister, I keep a 1960 copy of Emily Post's Blue Book in my desk drawer at work. No really. I do.
  • edited December 2011
    From: Shazzie116 Date: 10/30/2009 at 1:40 PM I'm eating pumpkins made of sugar! This. So random, yet so hilarious.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sugar high right now. Get me out of here! lol
  • edited December 2011
    I keep a 1960 copy of Emily Post's Blue Book in my desk drawer at work. No really. I do. Just when I thought I couldn't love you more!!ps- very sad because I wrote an etiquette question into Emily Post online and she never repsonded :( I am kinda mad at her.
  • hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meaghan- I love the fact that even though I caused unnecessary and unintentional drama you have with great class wrote a post to change the tone of the board. Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, my goodness.  I was following the Wedding Shower and Ekb's post and was wondering who Emily Post was. (Does that suggest I have poor etiquette?)  Then I remembered my FMIL lent me a copy of a book a few weeks ago about etiquette which I tossed aside (due to laziness to read up).  I I just went to dig up the book and it was by Emily Post's Etiquette by Peggy Post.  Now I know.... :PP.S. I love puppies..  and rainbows, too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No hard feeling Hbyrne, seriously. Tell us more about your wedding plans! We love talking about this stuff. I see you are getting married in August. How are things goging for you?
  • edited December 2011
    Aw Meg that is sad. Maybe it just takes a while. I write to Miss Conduct at the Boston Globe. She has a blog, and once she published a question of mine. http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/missconduct/Yes, I absolutely read this book just for fun sometimes. I snagged it for a nickel at a library sale and I love it. My favorites are the parts about being a good hostess and entertaining. For example, I now know that a wise hostess finishes food preparation one half hour before guests arrive so that she may powder her nose and freshen up. Also, Emily Post is very exact in her critique of mens' hygiene. Which of course, Ian loves when I read it to him. ;-)
  • hbyrne31hbyrne31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay =) It's going great. I can't believe we are getting married in under 10 month, I'm really excited! I love the summer so we are having a formal but very upbeat wedding. We got a caribbean steel drum band to kick of the night and are decorating with all lillies and orchids and my favorite, Boston Uplights. We have pretty much everything booked. Just need a cake and invites. I picked out my wedding band last week and they are in the process of making it now and in a couple of weeks I go for my veil, the best part is I get to try on my dress again! Can anyone give me some direction on how to create a planning website and link it to my signature?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "a wise hostess finishes food preparation one half hour before guests arrive so that she may powder her nose and freshen up." In that case I am a very bad hostess. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Spuccio that is just great. Hbyrne, I always wanted to go to a wedding with steel drum stuff at it!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, in truth, I toss cutting boards at my guests and ask them to pitch in.Just kidding.Not really.
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks Meg! :o) This makes me feel better considering I have to talk to the 'rents about the menus this weekend and I'm afraid of what they're going to want to change (No mom and dad, this isn't going to be completely Indian food!! This is why we're doing a reception in your town for all of the Indian folks and *then* you can do whatever the f- you want.)
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, I can't believe I missed all the excitement! Damn work. I'm glad that it's all puppies and rainbows again. I like that fact that this board respects people's opinion. And anyway.. Aren't we all going to hell??!!?? Who's gunna call shotgun! hehe...;)   
  • edited December 2011
    I keep a 1960 copy of Emily Post's Blue Book in my desk drawer at work.OMG LOVE!  Spuccio, I find more and more things that I like about you every day ahaha!Can we also add a unicorn throwing up cotton candy to the puppies and rainbows?  Just for good measure.
  • edited December 2011
    also a bunny rabbit pooping skittles
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm afraid of what google images will come up with if I type that in...
  • edited December 2011
    love this lovefest!! meg, i would love to come to CT and have a ball! or maybe a GTG in the city will come to fruition. what i like about this board is that while i do feel people can get all up in arms over crazy things sometimes, i believe that boston knotties on the whole are a smart, classy, resourceful, and kind bunch of women. we support all marriages, we offer suggestions, we gush over photos, and we readily analyze the pros and cons of peach vs tangerine colored ribbon. some of us have weddings that cost $200,00, and some of us have weddings that cost $2,000. some of us have cash bars, and some of us have top shelf open bars for 10 hours. some of us serve chicken parm, and some of us have raw bars and filet mignon and lobsters. in the end, i do believe that everyone this board is good intentioned and truly wants to be helpful- even if that means playing devil's advocate or bringing up a potentially touchy subject. the end.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well said, Liv!I would love to come down to the city for a GTG, as long as drinks don't cost $14 a piece! I need monies for my weddinnnnngggg...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards