Nevada-Las Vegas

Who to tip?

Question about tipping - who are we expected to tip? FH and I are eloping so since it's just the 2 of us, we aren't having a reception after the ceremony. Here's what we're doing though: 1) I'm getting my hair/makeup done in my room by 'Makeup in the 702'2) Our wedding package comes with a wedding planner - she's been helpful, but I've had very little contact with her since the package is pretty standard and we don't need any of the extra bells and whistles...3) We are going a 2 hour strip photo tour with Todd Wilson right after our TI ceremonyAnd that's it! Is it customary to tip the wedding coordinator? Photographer? I figured I would for sure tip the hair/makeup girls since I always tip when I get a regular haircut...

Re: Who to tip?

• edited December 2011
    I think your expected to tip the WC, although I don't plan on it if I get so/so service. If it's good I will 4sure. I don't know about Todd...does he own B and W? If he does, I wouldn't tip ( you don't tip the owner in most cases) I will invited him to the reception after. Hair and Make-up 4sure. Never heard of 702..
  • DawnyHDawnyH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,I tipped James from Glamsquad $25.00 so did the rest of my bridal party as he did a good job.WC-  Tipped nothing as she was not very good and didn't even work on our wedding day.  Some people tip the minister but we forgot.Todd-  He was with us for 8 hours and we tipped $50.00.  Although he was the owner of the business, he was a star and his prices are so low that I felt he deserved a tip.Hope that helpsDawn
  • edited December 2011
    We tipped Todd just over 10% but we felt he really deserved it. Sarah Vickery was awesome and got $75.We didn't tip our WC but honestly, I forgot about it and in reality she really didn't do much to go above and beyond.The limo guy we tipped 15% and he was ticked about it.
  • edited December 2011
    i tipped the WC (she was excellent), Rabbi (he was exceptional), and hair/makeup (was at Salon at Wynn).  a family member is a photog so we didn't have to hire anyone for that.
  • edited December 2011
    The limo guy wasn't happy with 15 percent ? what's the standard?
  • edited December 2011
    ineedaspiderkiller - who knows what his deal was. Sure, he was accomodating and helped me in and out of the limo, but he did fall asleep and had to be woke up. And he really didn't do much else. I thought 15% was enough. Apparently he expected more and made that evident by the really nasty look he gave us after rolling his eyes when we tipped him. LOL. Oh well!
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We tipped 15 to 20 percent of the fee for most of our vendors including the photog, the limo drivers and the makeup artist.We did not tip the wedding coordinator (she was awful and we kept getting bounced around. plus i did not get the flowers that i ordered) and I forgot to tip the minister.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards