Wedding Etiquette Forum

I Want...

Thai food and red velvet cupcakes.  But obviously not enough to leave my house. FI, son and I are here trying to figure out what to do.  It's a little after 8 here -- time is running out.  Maybe we'll go to a movie -- we're hungry too.  We have no direction. HALP me. I know it's been asked a million times today, but, do you have anything going on tonight?  Inspire me. :)

Re: I Want...

• I just made baked ziti.  It's baking.  I hope it's good.We're boring, so I have no ideas for you.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Now I want thai and red velvet cupcakes.Maybe I'll change my pans.  Was gonna be Pizza and vanilla/funfetti iced cupcakes, hmmmmm.
  • Ziti sounds good.  I baked turkey lasgna on Wednesday.  It was really good.  Tasted even better the day after!
  • I'm supposed to be watching the Phillies, but there's a rain delay (and it is pouring outside). So I'm no help.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Ooh, funfetti. And I could seriously go for some pad thai right now.Our alma mater has its first nighttime Halloween football game, so we are being lame and watching it while everyone else is partying.
  • Thai and red velvet cuppies sound great to me!Nothing doin here.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • I'm making a playlist for the 8K tomorrow morning I'm really not wanting to run.  Anyone have suggestions for good pump you up songs?We are handing out candy and soon I am going to eat peanut butter banana ice cream.  We just ate chili and cornbread and it was good.I am also trying to keep FI from handing out pocket Constitutions and pamphlets on the federal judiciary to trick-or-treaters.  He has boxes of them in his car he wants to get rid of.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • We talked about pizza too.  FI wants to order in, I kinda want to get out and be out where people are.  His objection is that he'd have to shower.  Do you see what I'm up against? Oy.
  • Eek! My computer just spazzed out and reported somebody! I'm very sorry to whoever it was, and if Dani and Ring_pop look at this, I promise that I do not actually think discussions of cupcakes are controversial.
    imageimage
  • sarah - 1 report does nothing.  No worries.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I say, if you can avoid it, don't go out where people are. I'm happy to be home now. People on the roads genuinely suck at life tonight. Can you order in Thai?
  • I love that your FI wants to hand out pocket constitutions to the kids!  Sounds like something I'd do!It's raining a little over here too.
  • Whew, that's a relief.Brie, I love the idea of your FI giving out pocket Constitutions. Might not be too bad for kids to know what their rights are :)
    imageimage
  • I know that going out would be a nightmare -- I guess we could order in.  But the place I love is a trek -- maybe I could find something that's decent and local.
  • Sigh.  At least if any more kids come, we'll be able to give them candy AND the constitution.If we just did the Constitutions, we'd definitely get TP'd.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I plan on breaking into the alcohol here soon.  I'm watching Ghost Hunters for a bit and then I'm going to start "The Alphabet Killer."  It takes place in my city, so maybe that will make it fun.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Jose will be making an appearance sometime tonight as well.
  • I should have picked up some Jose.  I have Rum, Hot Sex, and varying wine cooler.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I am thinking about hitting up my wedding cake leftovers from last week. I paid too much money for it to let it sit uneaten in the bag. I think my BIL is going to Taco Bell too...might have to get a quesadila as well, will hit the gym extra hard tomorrow--trick or treating was a bust for our neighborhood..we MAYBE had 20 kids. Must have been the weather...and possibly swine flu
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just ordered pizza. No Thai and no cupcakes. :(  I didn't need the cupcakes anyway.
  • Oh Jesus Cacoffer, Thai food is my absolute favorite. Pad Thai and Coconut Chicken Soup. MMMMM... I can't inspire you with my plans unfortunately. FI is doing school work and I'm sitting on the couch watching The Messengers on Lifetime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, Shannon, I wanted to go Harry & Sons.  But I know the Virginia Highlands would be a traffic nightmare.  Especially with Pride this weekend.
  • Surin of Thailand is my absolute FAVORITE thai place in the world. Nothing else compares. Have you been there? I know there are several in the highlands, but it's the place with the blue awning. So amazing.

• I've seen it -- I'll have to try it out.
  • Oh god.. you will die. I'm not exaggerating. I've never had Thai like it. Everywhere I go new, I compare it to Surin. :)

• I had curry for dinner, zooommgg!! You should have curry.
  • Nebb, that's exactly what I was craving. I'm jealous.
  • We're boring too -  watching football and baseball, handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters.  The little ones are so cute.  Baked ziti tomorrow!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards