Wedding Etiquette Forum

Oww

We had our homecoming game today and I am so burnt.  It hurts so bad that it's stingy when I put aloe on it.  I'm hating myself right now.

Re: Oww

• Did you try putting the aloe in the fridge so it's nice and cool?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Noxzema is cooling, too.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Yup, it was cool aloe.  Still stung so bad!
  • I know it sounds weird, but a washcloth soaked in white vinegar will help a lot.  Just drape over the burnt areas and leave it until you can't stand the smell.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I've heard that too squirrly.  Never tried it myself but a lot of people swear by it.
  • Of course I used the last of our vinegar the other day to clean the floor.  Darn it!
  • Sorry about your sunburn.  I've got no solutions, but tons of sympathy.About the floors and vinegar - what ratio do you typically dilute the vinegar?  Do you dilute it? 
  • My dad managed to sunburn his feet (yep, feet) every single time he mowed the yard when I was a kid.  We had a special bucket that he put his feet in with vinegar.  Mom lit candles and baked cookies those days to try to overwhelm the vinegar smell.  It's the ONLY thing that took the red, crispiness away for him.  Send your FI out for vinegar.  I've heard people talk about doing the same thing with milk/cream, but I have no personal knowledge of it working.  Either way, you need a shower when you're done!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • My toes are burnt.  lolI normally put 1 c. of vinegar to a gallon of hot water to clean my floors.
  • Sorry about your sunburn but at least the 'Noles won!  I'm sure my son, who was at the game, is just as burned.
  • Yes, last time I got this burned at a game, we lost, so I'm very happy that didn't happen this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards