Wedding Etiquette Forum

Proofreading, please?

Together with their familiesBrieanne Middle LastandTimothy Middle Lastrequest the pleasure of your companyat their weddingSaturday, the eighth of MayTwo thousand and tenSix o'clock in the eveningChapel nameCity, StateTIA.  I feel like it's lacking punctuation.
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: Proofreading, please?

• I *think* there needs to be a comma after families.But I could be wrong, because I suck at this. Otherwise, lovely.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Is it 'two thousand ten' or 'two thousand and ten'?  Looks good - short & sweet.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I am pretty sure it is Two Thousand Ten - no and.
  • There's always a debate about two thousand ten and two thousand and ten.  I say do whichever you want.And I would put a comma after families.
  • It's two thousand ten. And agree with PP about needing a comma after families.
  • I feel like we've had the "two thousand ten" versus "two thousand and ten" and someone (oot, maybe?) figured out that the and is correct, even though it looks wrong.  Hmm.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • technicallt the 'and' would denote cents as in 3 2000 dollars and ten cents but that is so moot I say do what you want
  • "In mathematics "and" denotes a decimal point, and since there is no decimal point in the year "2001," it may seem incorrect to use "and." Wedding invitations, however, are not mathematical equations so the use of "and" as a decimal point is irrelevant. On wedding invitations "and" is used simply as a connective word." From Crane & Co., who also say the year line is unnecessary.
  • Ahh, thanks laur!  I vaguely remembered that but wasn't sure if I was crazy or not.I'll add the comma, though.  Thanks guys!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • "pleasure of your company"" is only used for non-religioius, non-spiritual ceremonies held in a non-religious place. "honour/honor of your presence" is used when you are having a religious/spiritual ceremony in a religious place, or these days you can use this wording if you have a religious-based ceremony in a non-religious place
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards