Wedding Etiquette Forum

Need opinions: engagement gift

My SIL just got engaged, and they have a beautiful picture from the day that I wanted to get framed for them. I was hoping to find a frame that I could engrave with their names and the date, but I'm not a big fan of the ones I'm finding. I think I like this one - what do you think? [url]http://tinyurl.com/yecbsbn[/url]Or would it be better to just frame it in a classic (but not personalized) frame?Thanks in advance!

Re: Need opinions: engagement gift

• Sorry, I think that's fugly.I would get them a gift certificate to a framing store so they could get it done to match their other decor.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I don't like this frame.  It looks very high school graduation to me.  I think a mature classic frame would be more appropriate.What about an engraveable silver frame or something along those lines?
  • I think it's ugly.  Sorry! If you want it personalized, check into that site that is in a lot of malls (can never remember the name!) and they should have frames.  A nice silver one with their names on it would be nice.
  • Things Remembered, navy?
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Not a fan.  Do you have a Things Remembered by you?  They have some good options
  • Yes, that's the one!
  • No apologies necessary!I thought about hitting Things Remembered but all of their silver frames can only be engraved in portrait orientation. (at least online - maybe it's different in the store?)Plus it's just so much silver...They don't really have a decor, SIL is still in school (she's going for an advanced degree, so she's old enough, no worries!) and don't have a house together yet.Bah. I'm so indecisive. I will probably just go with a simple unengraved frame, I just thought it'd make it a nice keepsake to have the date on there.
  • what Brie said
  • Also those frames always fall down.. Try Lillian Vernon...Maybe!  Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be the minority, I think its cute. 10/10/10 Bride!!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards