North Carolina

Inexpensive dance lessons?

Hey! So FI and I were just going through 'First Dance' songs and I got up and was trying to get him to dance with me and we've now come to the conclusion that dance lessons would probably be a good idea. My experience is decent, His dancing experience = NadaWith this said, we're already on a very tight budget. . any suggestions to dance places that arent too expensive? Clubs wont work because he's not really all for the clubbing scene. Any input would be great :)Thanks!:)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Inexpensive dance lessons?

• clzapataclzapata member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I take it you are from State by your screen name.. a really cheap way would be to contact someone from Dancing with Wolves. They are a pretty good ballroom dance group. Also, they normally have open group lessons for students.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am and totally forgot about them. Im only a part-time distance education student this semester so I've forgotten about all of the fun things on campus. I'll look into that. Thanks! :)
  • apfoster05apfoster05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awww i miss all the fun things on campus too...we are looking for inexpensive dance lessions as well but we are in greensboro now!
  • edited December 2011
    Google Fred Astaire dance studio in Durham - the Wedding special is maybe $40ish per person and you get 3 private lessons. Good luck!
  • LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you are not into the club scene, but at The Red Room on Tuesdays or Wednesday nights they have salsa lessons at like 7pm for free and it is way before its gets clubby. Its a nice place to for you guys to have a cocktail too after your lessons before it gets crowded. Good luck! My FI refuses to take dance lessons.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used to go to RedRoom every Thurs night with my girls, but FI gets rather shy in those situations. We might try and go soon though :) I miss it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards