North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Venues?? Help!

My fiance and I are trying to plan our May 2010 wedding. We live in NYC and will be relocating to Raleigh in April, just 2-3 weeks before our wedding! We want to plan our wedding in our new hometown, but it's hard to know what kind of venues are in the triangle area (and whether they are rumored to have good/bad service, etc.) from here. I'm not sure whether we'll have the opportunity to travel down and visit any venues anytime soon--and we really need to try to reserve something now anyway! Of course we've come up with dozens of results by searching the internet, but we have no idea how to narrow down/choose and there somehow aren't a lot of reviews out there. We also need to find a place that has options for smaller weddings--we are having about 26 guests. A lot of places meant specifically for small weddings aren't always as established/organized in wedding services--we'd like to find the best of both worlds (small wedding at a great venue). We don't want a small amount of us in some huge ballroom or anything though, so perhaps a place meant for smaller weddings, or a place that does both and has several sized venues on site. Either way...just need some great options! We are hoping to have the ceremony and reception at the same place. Any recommendations on venues??? This board doesn't seem active, but hopefully someone out there can help us!! Thanks : )

Re: Venues?? Help!

• edited December 2011
    I would suggest reposting on the other NC board (might be labeled as Charlotte in the drop down menu). This board just doesn't get much traffic and there are lots of Raleigh girls over there. Check out the NC Bride bio for some additional recs - should be linked in the announcement at the top of the page. Offhand, I think Caffe Luna would more than accommodate a small wedding and they do them often enough to help you along in the planning department. I would definitely look into some of the more upscale area restaurants with a guest list that size.
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up getting married further east but looked in Raleigh for a short time. I think 1705 Prime has become events only. Never went in person, but it looked nice online and their events coordinator was pretty helpful over the phone. I've heard of smaller events at the Umstead, which is pricey but nice.
  • stefanyjoystefanyjoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest Second Empire in Raleigh. They accomodate weddings your size and the venue is very nice. http://www.second-empire.com they have a wedding portion on the site. I would suggest you hire a wedding coordinator in Raleigh and explain to her your vision and let her do the work since you can't be here. Good luck!
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too would recommend Caffe Luna if you want to stay in Downtown Raleigh. I know a friend who is getting married there. They are great to work with and will have a list of recommended vendors that will help you with your planning. [url]www.caffeluna.com [/url] I think the "Charlotte" board used to be "All of NC" but now is labeled as just Charlotte. NC Bride Bio that has lots of links to places that other knotties have used. [url]www.ncbridebio.com [/url]
  • el_sundropel_sundrop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much ladies!!
  • edited December 2011

Hi,

I have just read your post and I can identify. My husband and I got married 3 years ago right as he was relocating to this area for work.  Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jennifer Evans and I am the Sales Coordinator at the Hoemwood Suites by Hilton hotel which is located in between Durham and  Chapel Hill North Carolina which is close to Raleigh.  These 3 cities make up what is called The Triangle.  I would be honored to assist you. We offer banquet space, sleeping rooms and Catering options as well. if you would like to check out our website, please feel free to visit www.durhamchapelhill.homewoodsuites.com.  I will be more than happy to discuss price options with you if you would like to give me a call or email me.  Congratulations! I hope to assist you soon.

• clover1019clover1019 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure if your into nature..animals etc.  but we are having our wedding in June at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham.  We wanted to get married inside the Butterfly conservatory but its max is only 50 ppl so that would be a great location for you! its beautiful inside and Kellie Carter the coordinator at the museum is WONDERFUL to work with.  You can choose your own caterer as well.  Good Luck!!

~ErikaCool
  • rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've also heard cafe luna would be perfect - esp for smaller but important events!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards