Michigan-Detroit

How long should i have a dj?

We have the room for 6 hours but the bar is open for 5 hours.  So does that mean the last hour is considered for clean up or sober up and dance time?  I have a contract drawn up for my dj for 6 hours then got to thinking that i might not need it.  What are your thoughts?  if you have a room for an hour longer than the bar what is that hour usually meant for?

Re: How long should i have a dj?

• jujubee455jujubee455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personally i would do 6 hours... otherwise everyone will leave right after bar closes. Or you could just not start the music until after the first hour ??
    My baby Sir Winston Churchill and I
    My Bio Updated 10/6/09 with tons more DIY
    229 Invited to the Greatest Wedding Evarimage 137 Are my Homies 4 Lifeimage 9 Are trying to drive me nuts image Somehow I lost the part with the declines... but I have 83 declines... eww a bit more than expected.
  • edited December 2011
    6 hours is standard usually.  That way people still have music to listen to while they're finishing their cocktails.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had the room for 7 hours but booked our DJ for 6 hours
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would keep the DJ for the entire 6 hours.  After the bar closes, the DJ can still play music and people will still dance.  It's kind of how "last call" at a bar goes.  People will still finish their cocktails and dance even after the bar is no longer serving alcohol.  If you shorten the DJ time, I think people will leave as soon as the bar closes. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards