Florida-South Florida

Unique/Inexpensive Reception Venues

As I attempt to S T R E T C H my budget for my June wedding of 75-100 people, I am looking for a reception venue in the Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, South Miami area. I am considering having my daytime reception at a restaurant. (The idea being since most of these places are suffering bc of the economy and usually not open for lunch on Saturdays, they would be more willing to negotiate for the business.)I would love to hear feedback about any of the following places or any other ideas people have:Por Fin (Coral Gables)Dolores but you can call me Lolita (Brickell)Perricone's (Brickell)Chart House (Coconut Grove)Ortanique on the Mile (Coral Gables)Coral Reef Yacht Club (Coconut Grove)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unique/Inexpensive Reception Venues

• Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only one I can speak for is Perricone's. We're having our ceremony and dinner there. They have a lunch package for $22.95 plus 8% tax and 18% gratuity (the gratuity is not taxed). If you bring in your own dessert, they deduct $1.00 per person. Linens can be rented: white cloth for $10 per table or white disposable for $5 per table. Everyone, management and staff, is very nice, cordial and helpful. Have you visited or spoken to someone there yet?I inquired about pricing for Dolores and dinner was just under $30 so I imagine lunch would be about the same as Perricone's. I didn't pursue Dolores further because they could not guarantee the terrace until the day of.Someone on here is either getting married at the Chart House or having their reception there.. not sure which. It's a beautiful location from what I've seen online. Their prices aren't bad either. It all just depends on your budget and preference.Hope that helped you some.. good luck! =)
  • edited December 2011
    What about Red Fish Grill?  I was going to look there but my guest list was too large.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • muddiliciousmuddilicious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Las Palmas (coral gables) and it was great.  I am not sure about the cost however.
  • edited December 2011
    I think red fish grill has a 15,000 minimum but it's really nice from what i've seen in photos
  • edited December 2011
    Been to a few showers for lunch at Perricones. It's really pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Omg...if could have second wedding, it would def. have it at Ortanique. DH proposed there and I love the decor! I think a cream, white and pale medium orange would be stunning there. Let me know if you need some inspiration boards... I may have collected some in case DH is down for a 1st year Anniversary party...lol! Ups783@aol.com
  • keziah27keziah27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't know about the other places, but FI & I loved the chart house... let me know if you want the info.  i have their prices, and i met with janice, their event coordinator.
  • Karyan30Karyan30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    keziah..can you send me those prices for Chart House? at kryan3069 at gmail.com   many thanks!!          
  • jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Rustly Pelican as a bruch (that you can just serve lunch items) for like $43. It is more expensive than the other listed but it includes linens and cake.
  • keziah27keziah27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    karyan30, YGM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards