Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Midwest Sound & Light: Need personal stories!

I'm looking into using Midwest Sound & Light for my DJ at my reception.  Has anyone used them?  If so, what did you like/dislike?  Please help!  Thanks!

Re: Midwest Sound & Light: Need personal stories!

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them - had a GREAT experience. I liked that they stuck to my requested song list and listened to me when we said "NO requests from guests please". Our list had a little something for everyone and would keep people of all ages moving all night (and we still had half our guests at midnight!) I like that they went out of their way to find a somewhat obscure REM song that was my sorority's song so we could have it played. I liked that they asked me before they announced the Twins game score (early October wedding) and were cool with it when I said no thanks. I liked that they ask how much interaction you want and stuck to it. The only thing I disliked was that I didn't get a touch base call until Wednesday before my Friday wedding. It was cutting it a little closer than I'd prefer but it was still ahead of time so I can't fault them too much. I'm just a planner like that!
  • Maria92609Maria92609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had a great experience with them.  Our wedding was 9/26/09 and our DJ was Jaime.  He did our cocktail hour and dinner music, and our dance. Like PP said, the only slight drawback is that they typically do not call you until the week of the wedding, but even with that we found them to be quite flexible and accomodating to what we wanted.  We were even able to meet with our DJ face to face the week of our wedding to go over details - he was very accomodating and professional.  We had a lot of little extra things going on, and Jaime was happy to help facilitate all of them - including facilitating our spin-a-wheel alternative to the glass-clanging.   He stayed well within the perameters we gave him for what we wanted and did not want, and when an unusual request would come up, he was great about discretely finding one of us to check if it was okay first, without distrupting our dancing or conversations.  A lot of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed him, too.Our location was one of their preferred locations, so we spent about $750 for unlimited time - we feel it totally worth it. 
  • amandarosenauamandarosenau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad to see some excellent reviews for them - I am also using them... I live in Mankato and know the reputation of some of the djs around here so I was a little hesitant to go with one from the cities... but I do feel much better and all reservations I had about hiring them are gone. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards