Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Florist Pick-up Fees

What is/was your florist pick-up fees?  Did you pay for these or remove everything yourself?Our venue requires everything be out THAT night.  The fees are just crazy and I understand that they (florist) needs to come back at midnight, but we are debating on if we should just pay the money so we can enjoy the end of the night or if we want to pick everything up ourselves at the end of the night.  What did you guys do?

Re: Florist Pick-up Fees

• KERJFKERJF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would pay it just to be done with it. we didnt have to worry about any of it and it was good to know we could leave and not have to take down or worry about anything else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pay it. There is nothing I would want to do less than take that stuff down after the wedding. I want to have a post-party, and then got to bed! Pay it! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me, it would depend on how much the pick up fee was and how many flowers we were talking about. Our venue provided flowers for the tables, so all we had to pick up were the bouquets and cake flowers, so that didn't take too long. We also set my bouquet on the table for over a week after the wedding. Do you plan on keeping the flowers for anything?
  • bbohacbbohac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say unless you have a coordinator who will be willing to stay behind and pick everything up, just pay for it. You certainly won't want to stay behind to clean up on your wedding night, and I'd feel bad making anyone in my family or WP to do that either.
  • rosebc118rosebc118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I seriously just emailed my florist about all of this... I just got my contract and it has over $500 for set up, delivery, and pick up, and another $125 if it has to be picked up that night. I almost choked! Im hoping they will be willing to negotiate on this, I just couldn't believe that price when everyone else I had talked to were $150-250!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DOC did this for us - again, best money we ever spent.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Little Sweetie.  That sounds like a great idea.  It would be just a little bit more to get a DOC and I could use them all day vs just at night to pick up the flowers.
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be a good plan and a great use of the money you'd be spending :)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards