Retro and Vintage Weddings

Vintage Poll--November

Happy November 1st, vintage knotties!Here are your questions for this month.What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?What wedding related project are you tackling this November?Tell us about your bouquet.  Is it vintage inspired?
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Vintage Poll--November

• My latest inspiration is my amazing shoes and I will get pics soon. We are trying to get Mountain Fi's outfit this month. Bouquet is going to be fabric (pic in bio) that I am going to make. Somewhat vintage old hollywood style.
  • Hey Tara, I can't find your bouquet in your bio.  Where is it?What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?  Designing my own dress!  It might not be clearly "vintage" but I'll be drawing inspiration from my favourite vintage-inspired dresses (including, the Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec dress in my bio).What wedding related project are you tackling this November?  The caterer should be contacting me this month, so I'll be working on organizing the food.Tell us about your bouquet.  Is it vintage inspired?  Probably not vintage inspired, but my bouquet will contain old-fashioned looking (IMO) flowers like anemones.  You can see my bouquet inspirations in my bio!
    Our Wedding Website
  • It should be in inspiration photos I believe. It should be in there anyway, I will look and make sure. I love that you're drawing your own dress!
  • Oh it was there, Tara!  I just didn't click on the pic and assumed it was a fascinator.  It's beautiful!  Good luck and post pictures of the process, eh? :D
    Our Wedding Website
  • Indeed I will :) We need to share ideas! I will take photos of all the stuff we bought today tomorrow so's we can trade/bounce ideas off eachother :) BTW you have the PERFECT 1940's look. I am oh-so-jealous of blondes like you! Amazingness!
  • What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration? Milk Vases,love the way they look! What wedding related project are you tackling this November? going to Flea markets,thrift stores,antique shops,garage sales to find Milk Vases,wish me luck !! Tell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspired? not sure that it will be vintage inspired, I know that I want Calla Lilly's but I also want other types of flowers in it,so will see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?I'm starting to look at hair fascinators and veil ideasWhat wedding related project are you tackling this November?Hmmm...doing deposit with the videographer.  Making Christmas cards with one of our e-pics, then getting those addressed with one of our STD magnets so we can send them in December.Tell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspired?I have NO idea what I am doing with my bouquet yet!  The girls will carry different color hydrangeas (one pink, one blue/purple, one green/white).  So while I am out gettng Christmas craft stuff, I may take some time to look and see if something new catches my eye.
    Crosswalk
  • What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?Our invitations from Anna Griffin and the "guest book" we found in a vintage shop.What wedding related project are you tackling this November?  Invitations, flowers, e-pics, centerpiecesTell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspired?Yes, I am hoping to carry a tussy mussy with antique roses and peacock feathers.  Check out my bio for the inspiration.
  • What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?i'm starting to look at jewelry and hair facinatorsWhat wedding related project are you tackling this November?trying to finalize BM dresss...also meeting with florist to decide if i'm still up for DIY flowersneed to make an action plan for DIY projectsTell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspiredi love peonies, however my bank account does not!i want something soft, fluffy and romantic...mostly if not all white...maybe a few pink touches
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?We've struck on a vintage beach theme, so I've been trying to find ways to tie the two together. :)What wedding related project are you tackling this November?I'm looking at dresses, a little scary because all the ones I really want to do are online, I'm really loving the dresses at Dolly Couture. I'm also trying to launch a planning bio. Tell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspired?As of right now, I want to do mostly peach colored gerbera daisies...I don't think that's particularly vintage in any way, though. :)
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?Floating flowers:[img]http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0021533/large_image.jpg[/img]What wedding related project are you tackling this November?Caterer tastings! XDTell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspired?We're soooo not there yet.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • I'm kinda late on this but here goes:What's your latest vintage idea/inspiration?I might get this very 20's dress for the rehearsal dinner, there are several from unique-vintage.com that I like.What wedding related project are you tackling this November?I really really need to book a DJ. Also might start looking at cakes.Tell us about your bouquet. Is it vintage inspired?Not vintage inspired. It'll be orange (fugi mums, roses, lilies and yellow button mums) and blue (cobalt delphinium).
  • what's your latest vintage inspiration/idea?
       I'm using a birdcage veil and a vintage brooch/pin in my hair with some retro waves througout a chignon in my hair. I am also getting vintage looking champagne flutes from Things Remembered. My FI is in the military so he is wearing his dress uniform and i'm going for a 40's/WWII kinda theme I guess. I'm going to have red lipstick on and we're also going to have old school jazz and standards music played mostly as background music like during dinner....i have soo many more ideas to come lol

What are you tackling in Nov?
       I'm going to look for venues, my mom has suggested a bed & breakfast...which would be great since most of the ones near where i live are really old and restored beautifully!!!

Is your bouquet vintage inspired?
       I don't know which flowers would be considered vintage style or what was popular in the 40's but i am going to have mostly calla lillies in mine and probably anemones, white roses,  gardenias, and camellias in the other bouquets and decorations. I'm going to have all white flowers. I also found a picture of black lace wrapped around a white ribbon around the stems of a bouquet....will most likely do that too!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards