Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Any Depot Minneapolis brides?

I just found out today that my contact at The Depot (Angie) is no longer working there. I called to find out why my emails have gone unanswered, and was greeted with this lovely news. I can't believe no one has told me yet!Anyway, I got in touch with the head of catering and events, and I want to be able to request my new contact person. Any recommendations on who to use?

Re: Any Depot Minneapolis brides?

• rosebc118rosebc118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh me too! I was working with Angie and had an apt. a couple of weeks ago and when she didn't show up I called and found out that she was no longer there. I was told that I would be contacted once they filled her position and they would let me know my knew contact. Not sure how I feel about that, luckily they have copies of all our emails so they will hold true all the things she promised me. When are you getting married there?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • archie08archie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls!! That totally stinks. I have been working with Jill Hubbs. Im sure she wouldnt mind if I gave out her contact info. She is the catering sales manager. Down below is her contact info. She's great and very friendly. So when are you all getting married. Our date is 12/31/10. Direct: 612.758.7858 | Main: 612.375.1700 | Fax: 612.758.7814jhubbs@thedepotminneapolis.com  | 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are Sept. 18th, 2010. So glad to hear some other brides on here are at the Depot! I was starting to feel lonely ;) Have any great ideas of things to do there to make it special? I've been booking a lot of vendors right now for decor things, like ceiling drapings for the atrium, chair covers, things like that... I'd love to swap ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm May 30th 2010. Angie and I were planning to do a small tasting during the week of thanksgiving. (My FI and I live in Florida, and we can't take off work to come in for a group tasting since they are always on a week night. We will send my parents, but we still wanted some sort of tasting for us- even if it's just the entrees. FI's parents are coming up to thanksgiving this year to check out Minneapolis and wedding stuff, so we wanted to do the small tasting with them). I am so concerned now that this won't happen. I can't believe that Angie herself didn't send out an email for who to contact. No matter what the situation was, that would have been the right thing to do. Are either of you having issues with a room to get ready in? We had to fight and fight with our wedding coordinator to help us get a room that morning. I have to start getting ready at like 10am, and she wouldn't let us have our suite until 3pm.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had that issue just because we blocked rooms for Thur, Fri and Sat because my dad and that side of the family lives 2 hours away, so they will need a place to stay the days before. Thats crazy that they can't make an exception for 1 room... my one concern is if there are rooms big enough to have a bunch of girls to get ready in? My dad stayed there this summer and the room he stayed in he said was pretty small... just not sure if there are bigger rooms, maybe the historic suites? I would talk to the catering manager about your taste testing, he seemed pretty flexible to meet anything that angie had promised us...
  • edited December 2011
    That's good to hear! I'm not going to be draping, since our ceremony is elsewhere. The one thing I was thinking of was using the trees that are besides the doors to great hall. Maybe hang engagement pictures in them? I saw a picture somewhere of someone hanging tiffany boxes and I thought it was really cute. I didn't get a chance to call yesterday, so it's my plan during my lunch hour today. Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards