Georgia-Atlanta

A little help

Ok so we only have 5 months left and it seems like no time at all because I'm just looking at the upcoming holidays and how fast its going to go.Well we are ready to put a deposit on our Honeymoon but have gone back and forth with a couple of ideas. We know we want and all inclusive. We looked at cruises because we really liked the prices of those better. LOL but we are open to other things. I was wondering what other people are doing and what kind of budget is normal? I mean some of the prices we have seen were way out of our price range.Also I am in need of a bunch of paper lanterns. Does anyone know the best and the cheapest place to get them. I ordered some on ebay but didn't know if somewhere else would be better. Thanks

Re: A little help

• ncohioncohio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am absolutely no help with the honeymoon stuff, because we are getting married the week after you are and I haven't even thought about it. I am also about to order paper lanterns. I think the cheapest price for the sizes and colors I wanted (including shipping) were from asianideas.com. I have also heard people buy from lunabazaar.com. I found that it's best to have an idea of what you want to spend, how many you want, and about what sizes, and then compare the options.
  • edited December 2011
    We are going on a cruise just for budget reasons. I found some to Nassau, Bahamas for $299 per person and that was ocean front cabins! I used www.sidestep.com but haven't check in a while. I need to get on it soon, LOL, because I only have a little over 6 months!No clue about the lanterns...sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    UPDATE: I just checked it out and they have gone up to $309 per person for interior rooms. Still a great deal if you ask me! The one I am considering is 5 nights in Key West-Bahamas on Carnival cruise line leaving from Jacksonville, FL. I guess if we are both considering cruises we better book them soon as prices are going up!
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danigirl, I was so excited to see in your bio you got engaged at teh Biltmore House, so did we!!!!!!  Also, I LOVE your engagement pic in your siggy.Ok, that aside....I think a cruise really is a great idea but if you can afford it, splurge a little on the room, its soooooo worth it!  FI and I went on a Carnival Cruise last December and we slurged for a nice room and ooohhh man was it awesome!  You only have one honeymoon!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I were trying to decide between and all inclusive resort and a cruise. We are pretty sure we are going with the cruise because of the price! We are looking at a royal carribean that leaves out of tampa in Oct 2010. You just can't beat the prices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Danigirl259Danigirl259 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the ideas. We went to a travel agent and she told us to be a little cautious because when we are planning a honeymoon its spring break....YIKES. So she found us and all inclusive resort in Mexico that is almost the same price as a cruise. So we are going to start looking into that some more I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    We are spending around 5k for AI in Riviera Maya
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    For the honeymoon we are talking about going to the Dominican Republic, but that is during hurricane season!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards