New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Need reviews on more venues!

I need the pros/cons, whats included, prices if willing to share!VIP country clubmarina del reymamaroneck beach yacht clubsurf clublake isle country clubcolonial mansion caterersabigail kirsch at tappan hill mansionCV Rich MansionThanks!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need reviews on more venues!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HATED Lake Isle - to me it was more for a small party not a wedding. Marina Del Rey didn't do anything for me. They give donuts to your guests on the way out which is cute - but the place REAKED of donuts when we walked in. I wasn't impressed with their rooms and you have to share restrooms with any other party going on. I stayed away from Abigail Kirsch only b/c I was sure I'd fall in love with it and it was out of our budget. We are getting married at the Greentree Country Club (same strip as VIP) and we've had a great experience so far. Plus I've been to two weddings there and they were great.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    not sure of prices but i have attended two wedings at tappan hill and they were both gorgeous.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mamaroneck B&Y- Very expensive and not much food for the price. Has a very intense and opinionated catering manager who I would've killed since he totally wanted to run the show.Surf club- very pretty inside and outside. Second floor room has a wonderful view. Catering manager was kinda stuck up and rude. Insinuated that we couldn't afford his place and cried.I'd recommend greentree too if you are looking around that area since it was one of my top contenders in Westchester. I ended up loving the View on the Hudson more, but greentree was really nice and I know of a lot of brides that had wonderful weddings there. GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you do ceremonies at Greentree? My fiance is iffy because his friend just got married there this June and his brother got married at Glen Island. So he wants to look elsewhere..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you can do ceremonies there. I believe they had a gazebo area right around their beach.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!! That sounds amazing!!!! So since you created a unique menu of your own did they charge you extra? Your options sound unbelievable! Congrats!
  • Options
    Gina26Gina26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Hey,  Well I have went to the surf club at a wedding and had a great time.  I have considered it.  But it's not one of my choices.  The Food though was delish, the presentation of the food was amazing really liked the customer service, but I guess it's what you are looking for.  The second floor room is the one I went to the wedding and the view and the beach area was great.  This helps so if you have people that smoke in your wedding that is something that you may conceder hookah hint hint I loved that part about the wedding.  I liked it but it was not something I wanted for my wedding.  Marina Del Rey: ummm am not sure I am going to visit them soon.  it has always been my favorite choice, the view is great the land is amazing, but the food Idk.  I have always dreamed of that place but have never been there to take the grand tour.  Will let you know how I make out.  I Green Tree: my sisters’ say's great stuff about that place. she has went to numerous of weddings there and she only has said wonderful things, about the place, service, and the best part  the food.  The rest ummmmmmmmm am sure they would be overpriced and it's not something I am considering myself. Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your best bet is to go see a few places and then come back here for opinions .. its so hard before viewing places to decide.  I'd narrow it down to say 2 or 3 places first.    What we may like you may not.I wouldn't recommend The View in Piermont b/c I know of two wedding where they ran out of beer (not cool at an Irish wedding lol).  I looked at the place with my x-FI and loved it - that was 10 years ago.  At the time they said the room held 200 MAX and that would be a squeeze.  They haven't done major rennovations (at least thats what I was told when I called this time around) yet they now say they hold more than 200.  But obviously others have had the opposite experience.And yes Greentree does ceremonies.
  • Options
    riri428riri428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Lake Isle in the large room (Fairview).  I really liked it.  They did everything for me, I didn't worry about a second of the night.  I only spoke to them like 3 times through the process, and I never worried then either.  We worked with Mike, and Charlie was there the night of.  Loved him!We had a TON of food for cocktail hour, a sit down dinner, then they included the cake, and mini viennese hour.  They do premium open bar.  Not top shelf but better than most standard pen bars.  I would say the dinner was really good, not OMG amazing, but I never think wedding food is that good, and I have been to a good amount of weddings.  The appetizers we awesome though!  I got married in off season so it was $75 per person which came to like $96 pp with tip and tax.  I think it is about $100 before tax during the main wedding season.People got there early and they opened the bar for them early which was really nice of them!  The bridal suite is small.  But to me that is not a big deal at all - so that just depends on how you feel.  There wasn't another party going on.  However they have two rooms, but there are seperate bathrooms which is nice if they do more than one.Hope this helps.  I read a lot of things on here, about Lake Isle not being great so I got very nervous to get married there, and was so grateful on how awesome it turned out.  If you want to see photos put your e-mail in and I will send you a link to see the set up, cake and you can get a sense of the atmosphere.
  • Options
    riri428riri428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention, I had about 140( which is also the minimum) in the larger room, and there was plenty more room. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a wonderful wedding at the View and they didn't run out of anything... in fact, they asked before if they should stock up on any specific alcohol for my guests (I guess that could be because they've run out in the past so they didn't want to do it again, but I didn't get that impression). However, they definitely don't fit 200 guests comfortably. We had 150ish which fit fine. I wouldn't go much over 180 there- not sure how many guests you're planning on having.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey,We are getting married at CV Rich next May.  I am in love with it!! We looked at tons of places in Westchester.  I really didn't want a country club or wedding hall type of place.  CV Rich has a beautiful back garden area for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour.  The mansion is huge and has tons of space for indoor cocktail hour too.  The ballroom is really simple, which I love.  Joanna, the event manager, has been really great to work with so far.  As far as pricing, I believe for peak season (May - October) it is $90 - $125 depending on what you choose, but no other fees besides tip.  Service and tax is on top of that.  They were willing to work with us on price, and they do offer discounts for off peak season, different day of the week, etc.  Ballroom chairs (yay!), linens, the cake, open bar is all included in the price which makes things very easy.  Let me know if you have any questions!HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Greentree and loved everything about it. I understand how you wouldn't want to do it there if you knew someone who just got married there, but it's definitely a place to consider. We had a Saturday night wedding and ended up paying $141/person, including tax and tip, for 8 passed hor'deuvres, hot and colf buffet stations, appetizer, salad, choice of 3 entrees (including filet mignon), a modified venetian hour, cake, premium open bar, espresso/cordial bar, the whole works. I know they have gone up a little in price, but everything is well worth it!! And their ceremony area overlooking the water is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards