Ohio-Cincinnati

Advice: Can I call my photographer or is it too early?

We got our e-pics almost 5 weeks ago now . I was told I would get them back in 2 weeks so now its been over double the time. Is it OK for me to send an email to see when I'm going to get them?? TIA

Re: Advice: Can I call my photographer or is it too early?

• DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely. I think I would just send a message to check in. I would be anxious too!
  • LA01LA01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It wouldn't hurt to ask.  It took about 4 weeks to get our epics.  But now it's been almost 10 weeks since our wedding and we're still waiting on our pics.  I sent an email last week to check on them and didn't get a response.  Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.  BTW, I noticed in your bio that we used the same photographer:)Good luck!
  • aebb4aebb4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10 weeks..wow! You're probably more frustarted than me. I don't think it would be bothering me as much if I wouldn't have been told a specific time frame but it's freaking me out that its been 3 plus weeks since & it doesn't help that FI keeps joking that we must have only had 7 good pictures :(
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Ash! Just call her. She should be able to give you a better timeframe. As far as waiting for wedding pics, the brides that have used Lucky Clover say it takes at around 3 months to get pics back. HONESTLY - I'm ok with that because I know the kind of time they put into editing. I'm also not a bride that wants everything RIGHT NOW, either. Just have a conversation with her.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you heard anything yet?  If you have a stated time in your contract, maybe you could ask for some kind of discount.
  • LA01LA01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got an email this morning that our formals and ceremony pics will be posted tomorrow so hopefully yours will be ready soon, too!  They do take a lot of pictures so I know it takes awhile to edit and they do look great in the end.  So I'm sure you'll be happy with them.But, I know what you mean about being given a timeline.  It says in the contract that they are "ordinarily" available 3 weeks after the wedding.  That's what bothered me.  But it sounds like they have had some unexpected things come up that put them behind but they have a plan to get back on track.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't fret! Our were taken almost 6 weeks ago and we just got our back today, so I'd say yours shouldn't be too far behind. Trust me, they were worth the wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We got our epics taken with the same photographer this past Sunday. I was told 10 days 2 weeks tops. it hasn't been that long yet for me, but for you I don't think it would hurt to ask for an update.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    How long did it take for you guys to get teasers?  We took our e-pics 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting and was told it would probably be a week.  I know the teasers aren't a big deal, I'm just anxious and excited to see them. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I've just been staying out of these discussions, but I thought I'd step in about this.I know that many of the brides on here are working with Lucky Clover and really like them, and that's great that so many brides have found a photographer that they're comfortable with and who fits in their budget.  However, it sounds to me like the company might be WAY WAY WAY overbooking themselves.My photographer had our e-pics (ALL of them) back to us in 10 days.  When it came to our wedding pictures, we had teasers available a week after the day, and ALL of the pictures were back to us five weeks from our wedding day.If your photographer is taking a month to get you teasers from your engagement session, is taking six weeks to get the actual engagement pictures, or is taking 3 months to get you your wedding pictures, I personally feel that is way too long.This is probably a function of the company being popular right now and taking on a lot of clients, but not having the time or manpower to turn around the photos in a timely manner.  It's great that their business is growing, but they need to learn when to say "no" to a new client so that they have the ability to provide the timely service that clients who have already booked with them deserve.  Otherwise, they're going to start developing a reputation as a company who "overpromises and underdelivers."jmho
  • coleyjocoleyjo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we got ours i a week.most professional photographers will have them in two weeks tops. what do they say about the squeaky wheel
  • edited December 2011
    they owe it to you to at least say, hey, here's five pictures.  we want this to be amazing.  i know we told you 4 weeks, but it will be 8 and i wanted you to know.they should at least give you a heads up.  it's unprofessional otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards