Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Good bustiers for big boobies?

Hi ladies, I'm trying to find a good bustier/corset/whatever to wear for our wedding. I was originally thinking of just having cups put in my dress, but I'm not sure if that will work so well -- my boobs are on the bigger side. I found some bustiers online, but a lot of them only go up to a D cup. I'll need either a 34DD or 34DDD. Anyone have suggestions??

Re: Good bustiers for big boobies?

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out your dress in your bio and I must say...gorgeous! That lace detail on the train is TO.DIE.FOR!!Anyways, since your dress is already very fitted/corsetted with boning and all that good stuff, I'm not sure you'll need anything besides the cups. You'll get plenty of suckage from the boning, and if it fits properly, it'll keep you perky! The cups will add to the support and make sure you stay in place. I personally feel that adding more underneath could get uncomfortable/hot, since you'll already be well cinched and covered with the rouching and corset-style. I say try it out with just some cups in it first to see how it feels, and then if you decide you want more support, you can look into some shapewear.
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not that anyone would ever accuse me of having this problem, but as for free-boobing it, I think that depends a lot on your dress. I had a strapless dress with the cups sewn in and a corset back, and I felt completely secure.  I would go comfort over prettyness, as by the end of a very long, sweaty day, you'll most likely want to take a shower and change into something else for the wedding night anyway.
  • Options
    periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Bimbi -- I actually just updated my bio with the new dress info this morning, because I found the dress YESTERDAY and ordered it on the spot! AGH!!!!Anyway, I've heard the corset backs are great, and I certainly love the way they feel... but I've also seen the dresses start to fall and loosen throughout the day as the bride stands up, sits down, dances, etc.  I'm just worried that my dress will loosen and my chest will be all over the place after a few hours -- that's why I'd like some more structure as a back-up! I'm interested to hear if other brides experienced that as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a C/D cup and I had a corset back dress. I wore a simple strapless bra and that was more than enough to keep me in place. Also, if your dress is tied properly, it will NOTloosen up. Trust me, my dress did not move, shift, or loosen an inch and I danced my butt off! It was tied so well that it took my husband a good 45 minutes to get it off on our wedding night :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I might wait until your first fitting to decide if you want a bustier.  I really though I needed one but once I talked to my seamstress and tried different cups with the dress I decided against it.On another note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress.  Totally different than your other option but much, much better IMO.  Who is the dress made by?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also larger boobed - DDD like you. I ended up having them take OUT the cups that came in my dress and went without a bra whatsoever. It was weird and was the first time I'd done that since I was about 12 but nobody knew the difference. My dress had straps though so I wasn't concerned about it falling off.
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a 34C/D, and I just had cups sewn into my dress. It stayed up all night, no problems. I had a corset back inside my dress with a zipper on the outside, and I was SNUG in there - nothing was moving around :)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh I totally feel your pain (im a DD too). I am wondering the same thing, but there was actually a corset bra type thing at Davids bridal that fit me really well and I think thats what I'm going to go with. I'm super picky and I have a hard time finding bras that feel work for me, but this one totally does! I think if i have cups sewn in i would have trouble with my dress shifting and sliding around
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a strpaless at Nordstroms. They have bigger sizes, which I needed. The service there was great. All my BMs went there too and got strapless bras from there. You can also buy a few and return them just keep the tags on. If your dress is tied right (it is easy to tie) it will not loosen or go anywhere. Mine never moved and never felt the need to pull up on it either. My BMs had the corset backs too and they never had issues.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have large boobies too, I used a strapless bra that was the full style, went to my wait. It was super comfortable and made me feel supported. I got the bra at a place called La Bratique in Edina. This woman is a miracle worker for woman with larger bra sizes. I went in for the bustier and walked out with that plus a new bra because I was fitted all wrong before. She specializes in larger bust sizes. She was great. Here is the website. http://www.labratique.com/ You will get a personal fitting and get the exact size you need!
  • Options
    LMK613LMK613 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i also have a larger cup size and have found MANY fabulous bras on www.figleaves.com - they have any size you'd ever need and a lot of different styles
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so basically 1) I need to find someone who can tie me TIGHTLY into my corset dress, 2) maybe wait until my first fitting to decide if I need a corset, even though the chick who sold me the dress recommended I wear one, and 3) check out La Bratique in the meantime! I see they have the Va Bien corset, which I was looking at online, and I could always use some good new bras anyway :)  Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards