Michigan-Detroit
Options

pink apron preview

Hi! So I got a phone call from a representative at Pink Apron, that said I filled out my information at the Novi Expo Bridal show about a month or 2 ago.. She said my FI and I won a bunch of prizes and what not, all we have to do is come to the 90 minute preview of pink apron products on this wednesday.. Have any of you guys gotten this same phone call? Is this a fake offer or did I really win something! Thanks!

Re: pink apron preview

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you fill out your information?I've received a few phone calls about 'winning' things at bridal shows. Which sounds great except I've NEVER attended a bridal show.Its probably fake.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i went... unfortunately. they are trying to sell you some crazy expensive pots and pans and make you feel completely stupid when you tell them you can't afford to pay 500 for 2 pots right now!!! we did get certificates for prizes but never turned them in or used them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I received a call from them the day after the winter expo I went to this year. We went to their demo, but I got a funny feeling while waiting. Needless to say, we didn't go in and they never called back.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went too and like pp said all they did was make us feel stupid because we couldn't spend a ton of money on pots and pans. We got the certificates for free stuff, including a "free" vacation to the carribean or something. I started to look into but they didn't respond to my e-mails and it felt too fishy for me to continue to pursue it.
  • Options
    skallisskallis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the show I did not get a call from this vendor but I am only leaving my email from now on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went.. same thing.. high pressure sales pitch. And try to make you feel Real stupid for not wanting to be healthy and change your life style by buying their pans that for a set are over $11,000! AHhaa.. we just laughed about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, This is a high pressure sales pitch to sell cookware. They offer 3 day/2night all inclusive accomodations (flight expenses, taxes not included) for you to go to the "no obligation" seminar. When they called me and told me I was chosen because of a Bridal Show I attended I was excited until I googled "pink apron preview" and saw that I'd have to attend this seminar for cookware (disguised in the phone call as a cooking demonstration). They however called me a number of times once I told them that I would think about attending. I had to go to their website and get their contact information in order to email and call them to let them know to stop calling me. Many of theknot.com forums and Project Wedding forums talk about pink apron preview.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They called me too, but I never went to the shin dig.  I knew they wanted us to register for ungodly priced items that our guests wouldn't pay in a heartbeat, so.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards