North Carolina-Outer Banks

Vendor Reviews

Hi girls. I got married at the Hilton Pier House on October 16th.  I am from New Jersey and the Knot really helped me out with a lot of my vendor research so I just wanted to rave about a few of mine who I loved.  I used Mary Basnight as my photographer.  I haven't got my pictures back yet, but I have a feeling they are going to be amazing.  She was a pleasure to work with and so creative!  I am so excited to see how my pictures came out!  I really loved her. My videographer was Nic McLean from Tight Productions.  Again, I didn't get the video back yet, but he was so awesome!  I completely forgot that he was even there.   He was not invasive at all.  I was so worried at first about having a video camera in my face the whole night, but he is so good at what he does that I had no idea he was even taping most of the time.  Now that my wedding is over I am SOOO glad I got a videographer and I can't wait to see the wedding video of everything that I missed and to re-live the day over and over.For my flowers I used Renee Landry from Blooms.  All I can say is that I was so astonished at how beautiful my flowers were and what a ridiculously amazing job she did at the Hilton Pier House to make the room look so romantic.  She is the absolute best florist and designer.  My mom kept my bouqet and a centerpiece from the wedding and they lasted two weeks!  I really can't say enough about her and how impressed I was.For my cake I used Greak Cakes.  It was delicous!  I had a bunch left over and froze it right after the wedding and just had a piece last night and it tasted just like it did on my wedding night.  Another vendor that I highly recommend :)If anyone has any questions or would like to see any pictures (when I get them back) just let me know.  Good luck to all of you brides to be!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews!  I already have my vendors, but reviews can help in more ways then one.  Congrats on your wedding, and please post some pics when you can!!!  
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding!  I think what you wrote about having your wedding videographed has shed a different perspective on what I'd like for our wedding.  I've thrown the idea around, but like you said, you didn't want a camera in your face all night.  To hear you experience of being so invasive, makes me want to have my wedding videographed.  Thanks for sharing!Please post pics as soon as you can!!!  I'm sure it was amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    And PS...we are still searching for our venue (along with everything else)...is the Hilton Pier House located outside of the Hilton Garden Inn at Kitty Hawk? Thanks!!
  • BeckystixBeckystix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes the Hilton Garden Inn is right on the ocean, and the Pier House is a separate room located right on the Pier.  It's a really cool place.  The water was really rough the night of my wedding and you can actually feel the waves crashing into the Pier because you're right on top of the water.  It's really neat.  I'll post pictures when I get them back from my photographer!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be getting married at the Hilton Pier house next September, I'd love to see your photos when you get them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards