Military Brides

I need a little help...

my sister's husband is the one in the Army and is about to be deployed again to iraq. He was suppost to be out of the military march 2010 then got extended until somewhere mid oct - mid nov 2010, then now i guess it's looking like it'll be longer. we were planning on having our wedding late nov. 2010 so that he had a better chance of getting home for it. But now we don't know what to think or do. mostly because my sister is super hard to talk to right now (i understand why but i'd still like to beat her jk).  I deffianty don't want to push back our wedding anyfurther (i'd honestly would like a wedding earlier in the year). You ladies seem to have a better idea than i do of how these types of things any advice?

Re: I need a little help...

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's nearly impossible to plan for anything when the military is involved. The schedule will always change, often up until the last minute. I think your best bet is to proceed with your wedding as planned. I know it sucks to possibly not have your brother-in-law there, but even if you adjust for his schedule now, it will like change again before all is said and done. I'm not entirely sure how leave requests work during a deployment because (thankfully) my FI hasn't been deployed since I've known him. But I'm pretty sure than he can at least request it, or try to schedule a mid-your leave around the time of your wedding. It is likely that this won't work out, but it's sort of a Hail Mary pass if all else fails.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    would it be completly awful of us to move our date up if he isn't expected home anyway? we'd actually like a time of year where we could have part of our wedding outside. having our wedding later in the year was just something we thought we should do to help him for feeling left out but it seems we maynot beable to help it anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    i think i'll add this question to P&E see what they say too.
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's bad to move it up. It is your wedding.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bet P&E will say..it's your wedding, you choose what your priorities are. That's what I think. Will it make you and your FI happier to have an outside wedding, or to have the to have FBIL there? But, I think you should whatever will make y'all happiest.
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As much as it sucks, it seems like you can't. You don't know for sure when he will be home. I think if it were me, I'd just do it when I wanted. FI's unit is deploying and may or may not be stateside still at our wedding. He's currently non-deployable, but guys he's close to, one who was going to be a groomsman, may or may not be there which sucks, but we had to make it work for us and for FI's training.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards