Georgia-Atlanta

Brides at Flint Hill/Magic Moments properties

Hey Ladies, We are getting married at Flint Hill in a few months and just had our first session with the planner last week. They give their couples an option to eat alone upstairs in the bridal suite or downstairs with all the guests. I am wondering what you all chose to do? We are weighing the pros and cons and having a hard time deciding. Advise please! Thanks ladies!

Re: Brides at Flint Hill/Magic Moments properties

• edited December 2011
    Hello!!  I'm getting married at Little Gardens so I'm facing the same decision.  At first I thought I would rather spend more time with my guests but after talking it over with my fiance and my friend who recently got married, we've decided to eat by ourselves.  Even if its for 15 minutes...it will be nice to be alone and collect ourselves after what just happened = )  I hope this helps!!
  • alison1209alison1209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Primrose Cottage and we also went through the same debate. FI actually liked the idea of eating separately better than I did. We decided we're going to do it - or at least spend a few minutes alone together and grab a bite or two - that way when we enter the reception we can do our first dance and then mingle with everyone while they get their food, etc. and won't have to worry about trying to eat while everyone is trying to talk to us! Several of my friends have told me that they regretted that they never got a chance to eat at their own wedding after all of that planning so I figured I'd take the opportunity to do so at mine!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Atrium in May.  My fiance and I are going to have a quick bite upstairs in the bridal suite just to make sure we eat. 15 minutes tops while the guests finish their cocktail hour.  We'll be introduced right before dinner and then we can continue to nibble if we wish while we mingle with our guests. It'll go kind of like this:7:30-7:50 ceremony7:50 - 8:30 pictures8:30-8:45 eat upstairs8:45 - introduction, dinner, etc.HTH!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    We liked the idea of eating alone, but, in the end, the time was better spent with the people who came to see us at the wedding--we had a bite to eat here and there. You can always eat, but having the time to spend with everyone that comes for your wedding is priceless.
  • sduncans09sduncans09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my wedding at Flint Hill!  I hope yours is wonderful. We ate in the bridal suite.  The coordinator asked us "would you like 5 minutes or 10?" so it's not that much time out of the night.  I wouldn't change it!
  • GymDogFranGymDogFran member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  My wedding was a Primrose in July 08.  We chose to eat upstairs at the sweetheart table.  It took about 10 minutes, and I was so glad to get a bite to eat alone!  I had been pretty nervous and couldn't eat, so I knew I would need to eat before I could go to the reception.  We also got some good pictures of us toasting at the table.If you want to be introduced, it might be a good idea to let everyone get seated or go through the buffet, then after about 10 minutes, you can come down and enter.There's a lot of movement and settling down during that time, so I would take it to have a few minutes of quiet!
  • benicole2823benicole2823 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! we are getting Married at Flint Hill in May and are really excited that we have the option to spend a few moments alone after the ceremony to eat, have a drink and take a few minutes to marinate in the moment! In the grand scheme of things taking a few moments to spend alone together sounds incredibe :) Best wishes!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! Your advice has been very helpful! We are going to take that moment to ourselves and eat upstairs. Also, I met with Nicole at Magic Moments last week to arrange for the flowers and what not. She was amazing! I don't know much about flowers, just brought a few magazine clippings with me for ideas. She took off from there and was so knowledgable! Wedding planning is definitely not my element. I am loving how Flint Hill and Magic Moments is a one stop shop. Now I just have to find a photographer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards