Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Springfield CC

Has anyone had/been to a wedding at Springfield Country Club? Any feedback would be awesome, thanks!!

Re: Springfield CC

• tracyd21tracyd21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year. It's a beautiful place, food was great, etc. You have to provide your own centerpieces. The only negative we noticed was that they have multiple events at a time. I think there was another wedding the same night (in the same building). I had my senior prom there so it was kinda strange to be there many years later for a wedding!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I visited there when looking at receptions. There were two other events happening when I visited and it just felt too congested.  Also, out of most of the places I visited they offer the least amount for the most price.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    It was nice, but overpriced & ditto about multiple events at one time. Nothing stood out that made me absolutely want to have our wedding there - just your basic CC, which didn't make it worth the price to us. They were very nice, though.
  • hs0511hs0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ca2pa - if you don't mind me asking - what were some of the other places you were comparing it with? I thought it was a good deal for the money (since their package price already included tax and service charge). thanks in advance!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other places I looked at included Drexelbrook, Paxon Hollow, Concordville Inn, and Mendenhall Inn (which I'm now using).  I thought Drexelbrook was a lot better than Springfield CC for everything it was offering. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hs0511hs0511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did Paxon Hollow compare to you? We are visiting that this weekend. We already had to rule out Drexelrook bc my fiance had his HS prom there, and Mendenhall (which I love) bc my fiance was a GM for his friend's wedding there.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hated Paxon Hollow.  Springfield CC is better than there.  My mom had her wedding there a few years ago and it was really nice but I think they have new management.  The manager spent his entire time trashing other places and making crude jokes to my grandmother....But maybe it'll be different for you!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards