Illinois-Chicago

Reception Site: Victoria in the Park

Hello, is anyone having their wedding reception at Victoria in the Park located in Mt. Prospect, IL?  Just curious ;)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reception Site: Victoria in the Park

• NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am, but I don't think any other girls around here are.  Why?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2, 2010
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    We have booked our reception there and was just wondering what your experience has been in dealing with them to coordinate (especially when i saw how close your wedding date is - very exciting!).  Are you happy with their service and tasting/food selection?  I've read some really fantastic things and some not-so-good things.  Have you been to a wedding reception there?  Just looking to chat a bit about it if you don't mind :)thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't book at the Victoria in the Park... but I had my wedding this past Sept at the Victoria BeauJolie in Schiller Park (part of the same group). Our food at the BeauJolie was FANTASTIC... I have pictures from the wedding of it and we got tons of compliments on it. If you have any questions about the Victoria or about my experience with them, feel free to email me at walterandrosalyn at gmail dot com. :)
  • NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh!  Sorry, I'm always suspicious new posters vendors :)First off, we booked with them because we were at a wedding at the Rosemont location in October of 2007 and couldn't get over how great the food was!  I figure if I remember wedding food for being positive, that's a good thing. Our tasting was kind of strange - they invited us to a big banquet-type dinner and we got to taste a little bit of everything.  Kind of weird atmosphere, but everything was delicious.  We're only having chicken, so I might have appreciated an actual "tasting" tasting more, to really get to know our options.  We also didn't get to taste the cake or appetizers.  Since I know how great their food is, I'm not worried about not liking our selections.  Disclaimer: because we're getting married in January, we're getting a killer deal.  I'm not sure if other (peak-season) brides get an actual one-on-one tasting, so my experience may be different.  We've been dealing with Arvey, and he's been great.  My only complaint is that he doesn't get back to e-mails right away.  When we went in to decide our menu, though, they had hired a new girl to help - I can't remember her name - so I'm hoping that will allow a quicker response.Sorry for the novel! Yikes!  Let me know if you have any other questions :)
    January 2, 2010
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • Sameena99Sameena99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is there in just a month! So far everything has been great. The above poster said everything I would have, email me if you have any questions! sameenaasrar@yahoo.com
  • NoronNoron member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sameena, please come back and post pics - I've never seen any pictures from a wedding there! Are you having your ceremony somewhere else?
    January 2, 2010
    EDD October 10, 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I've also been to wedding receptions at Beau Jolie and recall the food being very good - in fact when calling around to reception sites, we called B Jolie and that's how we found out about Victoria in the Park.  I was starting to worry lately since I haven't run across any other brides that have actually had their wedding reception there.  And, I drove by a couple weeks ago and the VIP illuminated sign they keep saying will be installed in the grassy area near the street still isn't there!  Yikes.Also, how many guests will you be having?I'd love to see some photos from your wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards