West Virginia

Caterers in Weston

Looking for a caterer who will prepare our custom menu for our reception in March.  We are looking for someone to prepare Irish food.  Any ideas?

Re: Caterers in Weston

• edited December 2011
    What dishes are you wanting to have made.  Do you live in Weston?  Where is your reception going to be?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married and having the reception at the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum on March 13. It's buffet style for 50-80 people.  Our menu will be Shepherd's Pie, Guinness Meatballs, Colcannon and if there is a poultry suggestion. The rest of the menu consists of green salad, veggie tray, Irish cheeses and crackers, centerpiece cakes, cookies, brownies, and fresh fruit with white and milk chocolate fountains. Suggestions? No, we don't live in Weston, but we are staying there the night before. Our families are from Morgantown.  The caterer we're talking to now is asking $16-$18 pp and we have to pick up and set up.  I'd rather just pay per tray and I still think that $16 pp is steep if I have to pick up and set up.
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure if you will find anything much cheaper. I had a very basic menu and it was $15 per person.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • sassifras626sassifras626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even realize they held weddings there. Is it going to be indoor or outdoor? If it's indoor, what part of the building? Are you worried about univited guests, you know the kind without physical bodies? :-)
    December 2010 Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are just getting started having weddings there.  We're getting married on the front steps and having the reception in a room on the 2nd floor. The owners are actually FI's best friends so they offered for us to be married there when we were working the haunted house last year.  If you're looking at the front of the building the room for the reception is all the way on the end on the right, 2nd floor.  It's the same room that they put all of the ghost hunters from TAPS in. Speaking of ghost hunters...yes, we are hoping for some uninvited guests at the wedding because we are offering heritage and ghost tours during the reception for our guests.  I won't mind those kind of wedding crashers!  ;-)www.trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
  • sassifras626sassifras626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a lot of fun!
    December 2010 Siggy Challenge Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards