Flowers

Need Flower Suggestions

My fiance and I are getting married in August 2010.  Our color scheme for the day is quite simple - vintage sage green and vintage champagne.  I am wearing a beautiful strapless A-line chiffon dress with an empire waist in ivory, and my bridesmaids will be wearing cocktail-length strapless "party dresses" in vintage sage green.I want to start pricing florists, but have no idea on what kind of flowers to consider.  I am considering carrying calla lilies, but want to do something different for the bridal party, plus want to add a pop of color (considering purple, but more along the lines of a deep purple or even a wine/carbernet.)I've checked out the suggestions here, but it's becoming overwhelming and I'd rather have some flower options in mind when I do meet with some florists.Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on what type of flowers I could consider?  (Thanking you in advance!)

Re: Need Flower Suggestions

• edited December 2011
    Hi, My son is considering August/ September. His colors are green, ivory, and some pink, Brown tuxedos. They are going with mixed bouquets. Pick out what flowers are special for you and do a smaller bouquet that are similar in color and maintain a consistant flower or two. Budget wise, calla lillies are quite expensive. You might consider mini calla lillies. Roses, gerber daisies or mini gerbers, hydrangelias, carnations, freshia, or pom pom's in daisy or solid mums. Carnations and daisy's would be the most inexpensive. Look on line or at the knot for bouquet ideas. It's always good to take pictures with you of styles you like. Just be sure you get something that will contrast with the dress color. The last thing you want is all green... bouquet blends right into the dress. I know your colors are sage green and ivory, but this might be where you add just a little pop of color. Follow through with your color theme as stated, but in the flowers add in just a pop of color. One more or many. The choice is yours. Good Luck Just remember in the end the pictures will be what see and remember.
    Let the Lord Lead... and follow Him.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Almost any color will look good with the soft green and champagne. From all white/ivory, blush, pink, peach, or coral, to darker colors like red, magenta, purple shades. I think purple is an excellent choice as an accent color to the sage/champagne combination. Anywhere from an antique lavender, to a darker purple, plum, eggplant, or violet would be beautiful. If you are going for a vintage look, I'd go with more traditional, vintage looking flowers. Like roses, spray roses, hydrangeas, peonies, lilies. Stock or alstromerias make a great accent flower, and lavende limonium makes a great filler. But your florist can give you some suggestions.
  • BadKitty237BadKitty237 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For inexpensive, I would pick flowers that are definitely in season.  With green as your main colors you could go with pretty much anything since there is green in every flower.  Maybe go with white or off white flowers?
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say if you are doing callas for yourself, what about purple callas for the bridesmaids? It is still in the same family, but differnt enough to notice/stand out. There is also the Picasso Calla Lily. It is cream colored with a darker purple center. that might be too smilar to the white calla lilies if that is what you are holding. There are also some really pretty versions of green orchids with some purple on them. Purple is one of my colors so I have seen a lot. I hope this helps. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using purple/green/cream for our colors in 08/10. we are looking at using gerbera daisies or dahlias, with green mums. Dahlias and daisies come in a good variety of colors and are in seaon, so they will be better for a budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards