New York-Long Island

Looking for a Wedding Band on LI

I am trying to find a band - any suggestions. Does anyone know about pricing - what is the going rate or best deal? (or tips of how to negotiate a price)? Thanks for your input!

Re: Looking for a Wedding Band on LI

• jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are actually using arcadia, which is the sister band of renegade (both are under L.I. Paramount).  We are excited to use them.  They are costing us $8k for an 8 piece band plus 2 pieces each for ceremony and cocktail hour.
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Soul Revival for our ceremony, CH and reception. We loved them as soon as we saw them and booked them immediately. Their price is reasonable for wedding bands (and we looked at a fair amount before finding them). If you want to negotiate, see if they will throw in the ceremony or CH musicians, that is usually a few hundred dollars in discounts and if never hurts to ask :-). Good luck!! Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com
  • mccloskmmccloskm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies,lucy you said you have seen many. do they vary much in experience/talent... and price? could you say what the average price is for a band? I dont need ceremony or coctail hour music at this point it would just be for the receiption. PS when did you book arcadia for i am looking at them...
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Vision, an 8-piece band, for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They are part of the company Franklin Wayne Music. They provide a pianist for the cocktail hour. They usually don't provide anything for the ceremony but we negotiated one pianist, and they charge $6900. I hired an outside violinist for the half an hour before the ceremony as well as the ceremony, and she's charging $150. Granted, my ceremony and reception are in the same venue, so that's a bit easier, but it worked for us!
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    You got to with Millennium a 7 piece band, they play everything great. They are related to East End Entertainment. They have video samples are available at eastende.com. They are offering at least $2000off any regular price package. You can also include east end dj's as an option and still be under 5k. It's the best deal in own with oustanding talents. check them out www.eastende.com
  • inaJaMinaJaM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seond that I just heard Millennium in Amityville club last week the place was jamming.  I did not know I could get them for 5k plus a dj from east end dj's. that's a phenomenal deal.  Thanks for the pricing eileen101010
  • jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we booked arcadia about 11 months before the wedding, as soon as we set a definitive date
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We saw probably 10 different bands at showcases and friends weddings, and felt Soul Revival really stood out from the others, they just had a great energy, and they really seemed to love what they do. The bands we looked at varied in price anywhere from $5-10K. Soul Revival were on the lower end of that price range.
  • lm3898lm3898 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with the Danny Zellan band...booked through Hank Lane music.  They are AWESOME!  We listened to a lot of other weddings they had done & were really blown away.  We are paying app. $5K for a 5 piece band for the 4 hour wedding & a singer/guitarist for the cocktail hour.  I'm told that was a discount because we know someone there so we're not entirely sure how much they are without the discount but I can't imagine it being that much more extreme.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    we used The Next Faze, they were excellent
  • dsophia19dsophia19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend The Unionn. They are the original Cafe Wah band from Manhattan. They used to play at the Village Underground too.I saw them play live at the Marriott Bridal Expo in NYC at the beginning of the month and they have so much energy it's out of control!my friend had them play at her wedding and from what I know she could choose between 8 to 16 musicians for that one single band.I think they work through NEC though. www.nationaleventconnection.com
  • edited December 2011
    We used The Touch www.thetouchpage.com and they were wonderful!  Highly recommend!
  • edited December 2011
    i just found out at school. east end entertainment's 7-piece band, millennium and east end dj's both will be at napper tandy's in miller place. it's a special teacher's addition happy hour the tuesday before thanksgiving starting 4pm. they are awesome
  • edited December 2011

We just booked next faze (part of faze 4). Has anyone heard them or used them? Appreciate feedback.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards