New Jersey - South

Vendor Review (finally)...enjoy=)

Sorry girls I am not sure how to post on my profile so here is my review: Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} Hair-Meghan Cahill:A+ Meghan was awesome and that is why so many girls recommend her.  For the trial she was able to do 2 amazing styles in less then 30 minutes and for the day of was able to get everyone done in Hairsuch a short amount of time.  She is very sweet and her prices can't be beat. Makeup- Stephanie Casasanto:A++ Stephanie was a great find.  I was going to use someone else for makeup but my mom really wanted airbrush and I happen to find Stephanie on the web and after the trial I was so excited to have airbrush.  She was beyond amazing. She made everybody look so fantastic and after being in the hot weather all day my makeup still look great. Photographer- Rob Medina:A++. I was so fortunate to have come across Rob.  He has amazing photos but what really sold us was his great personality.  It was like an old friend hanging out with us on one of the most important days of our lives. He is so easy to work with and either him or his wife gets back to you so fast if you ever have any questions.  I highly recommend looking into Rob for your photographer, you would not be disappointed. Videographer- Steve Williams (sempre phi video)- A++. Again I was so fortunate to find Steve after searching the internet.  He met all my expectations and beyond.  He showed up for my rehersal dinner using an old fashioned camera and put the clips on our main menu page of our video. He then showed up at my house at 9:00 am. for a 5:45 wedding.  He was just so nice and took so many amazing shots.  When we got home from our honeymoon he already had highlight clips which blew my mind. check it out http://www.persemprevideos.com/Stout.html.  He also was able to incorporate our honeymoon clips into our video which was great.  Wedding Coordinator/ Floral Design- MJ Lovett: D -. I can’t tell you how disappointed I was with her performance.  From day one I had that gut feeling especially how she handled my intial appointment regarding my floral design.  I try to ignore my feeling and believe what she was saying which was “don’t worry everything is going to be great”. Don’t get me wrong my wedding was amazing but had nothing to do with her. At the ceremony we rented colums to be put up with flower arrangements on top and when I get there they are not even there, then we get to the cocktail hour and nothing that we discussed in an appointment 2 days prior was done and all I wanted was to have our sign in book be passed around at dinner at half of my family didn’t even see it.  When I confronted her about the cocktail décor she blamed the aquarium but I felt like what did I hire you for if you weren’t able to fix mistakes especially when she told me I had nothing to worry about and that we were on the same page for our décor.  She also quoted me a different price for renting chairs early on during the planning and when it came down to renting them all of a sudden they the price went up. The list goes on but bottom line I was very disappointed and when contacting her after the wedding it was impossible to get in touch with her. It is just upsetting when you put all your faith in someone and trust them and they just don’t deliver.  Cake:  Adelaides Cake in Runnemede: A- Stephanie was awesome to work with.  She created a flavor just for us and copied a design we found and it came out so awesome. I can’t wait to eat some more for our anniversary.  Ceremony:  Children’s Garden- This was a great option for us because we wanted an outside wedding and our reception was at the aquarium.  Val helped us out with everything. She was so accommodating and the ampitheatre looked great on the day of our ceremony. Reception:  Aquarium Current Ballroom: A.  We had a rocky start working with one of the even coordinator but after we switched we had nothing but good things to say.  The place is beautiful and the food was great.  DJ:  Mike P. from DJ’s Available: A He was great.  Awesome personatly and played great music all night. Transportation: Lark Limonsine:  A+. They were great. No problems and drove all over Philly for pictures. Dress/ Bridesmaide dresses- Kay Bridal: A+ I have nothing but great things to say about them.  Jen really worked with me and gave me a great price on my dress and my bridesmaids dresses.  We didn’t use them for alterations though. Alterations:  Rose Lafferty: A She was great and very reasonable Accomadations: Crowne Plaza: B. The first price they gave us was very high and my wedding coordinator got them to come down on there prices after they said they would not budge on the price.  Also breakfast did not come with the price.    Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}    

Re: Vendor Review (finally)...enjoy=)

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting worried because I am using MJ for my flowers and my candy buffet.  I had a slight snag this summer trying to get a hold of her.  But I have been randomly checking in each month with her just so we have some line of contact going. How were your bouquets?  Did she arrive on time?  Can you email me at specky 9 at aol dot com and tell me more just so I can try to prepare for what else I may need to do.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately she was not on time and I actually had to call her myself and find out where she was.  She was the only person we were waiting for and because of that we started a little late with our pictures.  I thought when you get a DOC that they are available to you all day but that was not the case.  I told her pictures were starting at 2 and she only drop off the boutiniers  at the hotel at that time and was still waiting for ours at my house.  As far as the flowers I did like my bouquet. it was huge but unfortuantly they started to wilt pretty fast.  Also my bridesmaides bouquet looked alot like mine especially with size and flowers.  I thought she was going to have a mock bouquet 2 days before but that was not the case. she only showed me flowers in a vase which doesn't really give you a good idea of what it is going to look like.  She really made me feel like everything was going to be great and work out but even with small things like flowers at the wedding and then to break them down and put in a vase for my cocktail hour, she reassured me that was going to happen and then i get to the cocktail hour and not only did it not happen then she blammed the aquarium for setting things up that i didn't want but isn't that her job to make sure things get carried out.  Especially when we talked about it 2 days prior.  I really hope everything will work out for you. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am also using Steve Williams for my videography. I am so happy to see such great reviews!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Steve Williams as well and he was amazing!  I can't wait to see our final video!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    After searching and searchng for a videographer, I just looked up Steve Williams and love the videos he has on his website. I did email him, but roughly ... where do his prices fall?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards