New Jersey

venues

Hello my fellow brides to be...my fiance and I are planning our wedding for next fall (probably Oct or Nov).  I'm currently living in Missouri so planning the wedding in NJ is challenging and I could really use some help.  After a little research, I like TPC Jasna Polona in Princeton and Stone House at Stirling Ridge in Warren.  I'm pretty sure they are way out of our price range from what I've seen posted from people on line.  We like to have about a 100 people and spend no more than $100pp.  Any suggestions for a Central Jersey spot or close by that fits are welcome!  Thanks ladies...btw this is so great!!!

Re: venues

• edited December 2011
    Gosh Jasna Polana is easily $200pp and Stone House isn't much less, from what I have heard.For $100pp, check out the Bridgewater Manor, Courtyard on Main in Freehold, possibly the new Hilton Garden Inn in Hamilton (saw an ad in a newspaper for an $89pp package), the Holiday Inn in Tinton Falls (recently had a $49 and $59pp promotion), and Costa del Sol in Union.The Tides in North Haledon is also in that range, but it is much farther north.My wedding was at the Bridgewater Manor in January 2008. Everything, IMO, was fantastic. Great prices, great service, great food, only 8% gratuity. There are several other Bridgewater Manor brides on here as well.Keep in mind that October is a VERY popular month for weddings. It is very pricey for that reason. November, less popular and less pricey. October especially, for next year is probably booked already. Popular places easily book up to 2 years in advance.If you are willing to do a Friday or Sunday, or even a Saturday 12-5, you may have more luck with both booking and more reasonable pricing.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to previous post regarding October being more pricey These venues will be around $100.00 per person (or less) during NJ off season...I've shopped them all -English Manor (Ocean Twsp) -Channel Club (Monmouth Beach) -Water's Edge by Merri Makers (Sea Bright) -Shadowbrook (only during offseason) Shrewsbury -The Mill of Spring Lake Heights (most like Stone House in looks...food is good here, too)
  • edited December 2011
    To use the Jasna Polina space in Princeton, you have to be a member of some exclusive country-wide gold club.  I'm sure it is waaaaay over $200/pp.
  • edited December 2011
    First- congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the boards! This can be a great resource for you. I too am planning from another state; Georgia. I used njweddings.com to price out some locations before we took a trip to nj to see some places. They have an extensive list of reception locations and other vendors along with average price and capacity. In the end we picked the Graycliff because of the friendliness of their staff and the amount of items that came with our package. Depending on the time of year they are around your price range. Good luck on your venue search!
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everyone and congratulations on your engagements and good luck with all the planning! I just started and all I want is for someone else to take over for a second! My fiance and I just got engaged in October and are planning a September 2011 wedding in NJ. I'm currently living abroad which makes it a tad complicated. We have been looking into places such as The Castle at Skylands, Crystal Springs Golf Resort, Westmount Country Club, The Venetian, Perona Farms... We want something beautiful (hence the castle and the farm) but are trying to stick to $150-$160 pp. We really want an outdoor cocktail hour and LOTS of food with GREAT quality. Saturday evening is a must! We initially looked at wineries just because of their "natural" beauty but think they mau not be the best places to have weddings. May be missing a touch of elegance and may be a little too rustic. Any ideas on the places I've mentioned or maybe some other ones we haven't yet considered?
  • edited December 2011
    Spunky mentioned the Holiday Inn in Tinton Falls with their special, a sister place of theirs is my venue the Radisson of Freehold, Crystal Ballroom has a min of 100 people and I think they may be under your PP (we booked quite sometime ago so I am not 100% sure but I believe)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!! I second the English Manor (I'm bias though because I got married there and adored it), also the Mill in Spring Lake has some off season deals. I think the Berkley Hotel in Asbury is in that price range as well
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!  I would also try looking at Jumping Brook Country Club in Neptune and Crystal Point Yacht Club in Pt Pleasant should have packages in your price range.  Liznwk - I suggest starting your own post with your venue question.  People are just going to respond to the original poster in this one.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Berkeley Hotel, Asbury Park...the venue rental alone ne is $4000-$10000 (they do not have an in-house caterer)  depending on so season...so that will eat into your budget right there. :-(We have our caterer for about $101.00 a head, but then you have to factor in service, alcohol....and chair/linen rentals...ohhh...I just remembered a couple more that might work for you-Barclay in Belmar-Waterview & Riverview Pavillions in Belmar-The River House in Brielle
  • edited December 2011
    ball and chain, I had no idea! I thought I remembered reading about $100 per person, but had no clue you had to get your own caterer! I stand corrected! lol
  • edited December 2011
    Knoll Country Club but that would need to be in the offseason.
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bretton Woods Mansion and The Manor and Twin Brooks Co. Club
  • edited December 2011
    Liznwk ~ you should start a new thread and repost what you're looking for. You'll get more recs that way and your recs wont be mixed in with recs for OP.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Primavera Regency next August - I've heard nothing but great reviews about the place and food.
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Channel Club, The Manor, Ravello's, Merri-makers facilities, Bridgewater Manor. They should put you at or under 100pp after tax and tip. We are getting married at Ravello's next October for 100pp including tax and tip.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mayfair Farms and the Manor (both in West Orange) will do it for around 100 per head.   Mayfair Farms has a relationship with a local hotel and the hotel will shuttle your guests back and forth to the venue for free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards