Wisconsin

Reception Venue Idea (VERY SMALL BUDGET)

My fiance and I can not afford a huge wedding.  We need to keep our budget for 150 people under 6000 for reception venue and food.  Any suggestions?

Re: Reception Venue Idea (VERY SMALL BUDGET)

• edited December 2011
    Our budget was the same, we had our wedding reception at the Silver Spring Golf Club and everything was fantastic. Check out their website:http://www.silverspringgolf.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mg321mg321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at the Hilton Milwaukee River (in Whitefish Bay). The food/drink minimum is very reasonable (or they will waive it sometimes) and there is no extra rental fee for the room, and Karen, the contact person, is fantastic! She really knows what she's doing. And from what I hear, the chefs are wonderful as well and can make anything your heart desires. And they only have one ballroom, so you're not sharing the site with anyone else. The ballroom holds 150 guests, so the size would be perfect for you. I highly encourage you to check it out!!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the DoubleTree Hotel in Brookfield in September. There is only one ballroom and it holds approximately 180 to 200. The food and beverage minimum was $6000, but when we booked they were running a special for $5000. I would check it out. The DoubleTree Hotel Downtown had an even lower minimum I believe. That one was nice to, but not as open feeling.
  • edited December 2011
    It may have since gone up, but when we had our reception at Lakefront Brewery, the food/drink minimum was $5,000 for January to March.  We paid for 100 guests and just hit the minimum, but we could have accommodated more people on that budget just by cutting back on a few of the options.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Try Western Lakes Golf Club in Pewaukee
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Delafield Brewhaus.  The woman is very nice and helpful, and there is no food or beverage minimum.  Meals start from around $17.00 and go up from there.  The room rental is only $50.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards