Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

what would you prefer...

Hello, so I am trying to figure out what is better, to have a dessert buffet with different flavored cakes, cupcakes and cheesecakes or having the waiters serve just cake. I am having this issue because I like the idea of giving choices to my guests but the problem is that we will be having 350 guest, so I don't know if I want to make 350 people have to get up to get their dessert. This is the reason why we chose a sit-down dinner instead of a buffet, so what do you think?

Re: what would you prefer...

• edited December 2011
    I love love love dessert buffets and am planning on having one at my wedding as well, even though it will be a smaller wedding. I like so many different desserts and want to be able to have all of them there, and to me, having people pass out desserts (or anything) is too "high class" for my family!
  • LasairionaLasairiona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd rather have the dessert buffet. If you do the waiter-passed cake, that only works if you have one flavor.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for your opinions
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    As a guest, I'd prefer the dessert buffet myself...  The key with it is that there are enough tables put together so it's not herd mentality line and more "mingling when you're ready to grab something" line...  At one wedding I attended they had the plated meal then dessert buffet and it worked out great because only one or two people at a time from each table seemed to go get their slice (s) and bring them back.  How they announced it was at the start of the meal that "when you're ready for dessert we've got a dessert buffet set up with options over here for you to select" and the timing by how people eat (some fast, some slow, etc.) worked out great so there really was never a line (they had 275 guest count)...One other idea is for the desserts to be plated at the table similar to table cakes only with the multiple options available (aka some guests will want more than one dessert)... 
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love a dessert buffet and would go back for many different servings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards